So many outrageously clever ideas – kids will be happy playing and learning all month long with this great list of October activities for kids!
October Activities for Kids
These October activities for kids are a little spooky, but not too scary, and they are a great way to keep the kids busy during October!
There is enough craft ideas on this list for you to try a new activity every day in October, and so many ideas you’ll find something for everyone to enjoy. There are sensory play ideas, science and STEM activities, easy recipes to cook with the kids, hands-on learning activities and lots of fun things to do and try.
Celebrate the end of Fall and Halloween with lots of pumpkin activities, some cute spiders activities, or some fun monster or ghost themed ideas, and more!
- Pumpkin Volcano for Kids from Natural Beach Living. This is such a cool hands on science activity!
- Build a Harvest Fruit Battery from STEAM Powered Family. Build a batter that really works from pumpkins and squash!
- Kids will have fun practicing counting using Pumpkin Candy Corn and these Free Pumpkin Count & Trace mats
- Pumpkin Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. Make slime with a real pumpkin! So cool!
- Build a Pumpkin House from Adventure in a Box. How cute are these little houses!?!
- This pumpkin cloud dough is fun to play with and EAT!
- Pumpkin Pre-Writing Activity from JDaniel4’s Mom. What a great way to work those fine motor skills.
- Kids will go nuts over this Scented Pumpkin Rice
- Pumpkin Geo Board from Danya Banya. What a great way to decorate a pumpkin and work on fine motor skills.
- Dig into this Pumpkin Goop recipe using pumpkin “guts”
- Pumpkin Playdough from Parenting Chaos. This playdough recipe is taste-safe, so it’s perfect for little hands.
- Practice reading with these super cute, Free Pumpkin Word Family Sliders
- Sneak in some phonics practice with this Pumpkin Pie Phonics Game
- Use playdough to practice making pumpkin shapes with these clever free pumpkin shape mats
- Find the Strongest Spider Web – Tensile Strength Experiment from From Engineer to Stay at Home Mom. This is such a fun way to learn about tensile strength.
- Kids will go nuts over this Easy Spider Slime Recipe
- Counting Spider Mats from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This free printable is a fun, hands-on, way to practice counting and
- Halloween Spider Pizza from Kids’ Craft Room. What a fun and delicious spidery recipe to make with your kids.
- Plan a whole spider week with these clever, hands on activities
- Counting Spider Eyes Maths Activity from Homeschool Preschool. This is such a simple, but clever maths activity.
- Check out this amazing, and fun to make, Glow in the Dark Spider Web
- Spider Web Vibrations Science from Buggy and Buddy This is a fun activity to learn lots about how a spider catches their prey.
- Practice identifying shapes with these fun, free Spider Shape Mats
- Spider Oobleck from Little Bins for Little Hands. This is a fabulous spidery sensory play set up with a science bonus!
- How adorable are these free Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats
- Spider Sensory Bags from Messy Little Monster. This is a great, no messy, sensory play idea.
- Friendly Felt Monsters Busy Box from Teach Me Mommy These monsters are so cute, and they make a great portable activity.
- Practice letters with this fun and free Monster Alphabet Find & Trace
- Cheese Monsters from Danya Banya. This is such a fun, and healthy, Halloween treat to make with your kids.
- Icey Monster Eyes from Best Toys 4 Toddlers. What a fun sensory activity!
- Practice counting with this fun Count to 20 Monster Eyes Activity
- Monster Counting Cards from Artsy Momma. These free printable monster cards are a great way to practice number
- Kids will love all the clever ideas in this Monsters Inc Family Fun Night
- Monster Play Dough Mats from Picklebums. Make a cute monster with these free printable play dough mats.
- Work on memory skills while playing this free Monster Memory Game
- Practice making shapes with these Free Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Ghoulicious Halloween Smoothie from Artsy Momma. These ghostly drink looks deliciously fun!
- Pom Pom Ghost Popper from The Craft Train. Make some of these fun poppers then have a competition to see how far
you can shoot your pom pom!
- Slap the Ghost Game from I Heart Crafty Things. What a fun hands-on way to learn colors!
- Flying Tea Bag Ghosts from Playdough to Plato This is such a cool science experiment!
- Ghost Slime from Kids Activities Blog. This is a fun, non-candy, treat to make with your kids.
- Frozen Yogurt Banana Ghost tops from Foodlets. Here’s another healthy treat option that the kids will love to make.
October Kids Activities
- Halloween Memory Match Game from Journey to SAHM. This free printable Halloween themed memory game is great fun to play with the kids.
- Halloween Kindness Cards from Coffee and Carpool. I love this sweet printable to help our kids spread some extra
- Halloween Sensory Bottle from Childhood101. Get the kids to help make this cool sensory bottle.
- Black Playdough Halloween Mats from Messy Little Monster. This black playdough recipe will be great for lots of Halloween themed playdough activities.
- Spaghetti and Eyeballs Sensory Bin from Simple Everyday Mom. This looks like so much fun!
- Easy Halloween Sensory Bin from Natural Beach Living. What a clever idea to use pasta as bats in this fun sensory set up.
- Free Roll a Jack o Lantern Printable Game for learning shapes
- Amazing, Edible Candy Corn Playdough is a must try!
If you’ve got kids who love art and crafts and you’d like some more ideas to keep everyone busy, then take a look at these awesome October crafts for kids. There are lots different Halloween and October themed arts and crafts to make with your kids.
The kids will be happy playing and learning all month long with this great list of October activities for kids!