This simple thanksgiving science experiment featuring a melting turkey is a great way to enagage young kids and get them curious and excited about science. This november science experiment for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders allows children to explore the simple chemical reaction of baking soda and vinegar while having fun with a turkey activity for kids!
Thanskgiving Science Experiment
When you hear science experiment do you cringe thinking of hard-to-find materials and difficult steps? No worries! This fun and EASY thanksgiving science experiment uses common household items you already have in your kitchen. This november activities allows kids to explore wtih a baking soda and vinegar experiment perfect for your thanksgiving theme and turkey activities! This Thanksgiving experiment is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students at home or in the classroom!
Turkey Science Experiment
This simple science experiment for November uses a couple common kitchen supplies:
- baking soda
- food coloring
- dish soap
- dish with lip
- construction paper or craft foam – brown, orange, red
- google eyes
November Science Experiment
Mix together baking soda, several squirts of dish soap, and as much water as it takes to make a ball and keep it’s shape.
Seperate your baking soda into seperate containers and use food coloring to make whatever color turkey feathers you would like. We opted for some nice Autumn colors of red, orange, and yellow.
Shape the baking soda mixture into feather shapes and put in semi-circle around top half of plate. Make sure to alterante colors and leaves space in between them. Again, be as creative as you like in the colors of your turkey feathers.
Now make a construction paper turkey out of brown cricles, orange feet / beak, red wattle, and google eyes. Place on plate on top of the endge of the feathers.
Turkey Activities for Preschoolers
Now comes the fun science part. You are gonig to use pipettes, squirt bottle, etc. to put drops of vinegar on the feathers.
HINT: As kids what will happen before you start.
Thanskgiving Activities for Preschoolers
As you add vinegar (an acid) to the baking soda feathers (a base) a chemical reaction occurs – they make carbon dioxide. CO2 is a gas so the vinegar litterally melts the baking soda into gas.
Baking Soda and Vinegar Reaction
Kids go nuts over this super simle, but educational activity!
November Activities for Preschoolers
You will see some fun bubbling from the dish soap and all you will be left with on the plate is the food coloring and vinegar.
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- You will love these no prep Free,Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Thankgiving BINGO game is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- Kids will have fun recreating the First Thanksgiving with ourfree Printable Thanksgiving Play with costume suggestions
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for kids
- Kids will have fun strengthening mortor skills while recreating their favorite food with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Work on color recognition with these printable Turkey Feathers activity or these Turkey Coloring Pages
- Don’t miss our free printable Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families! It is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Feed the Turkey Game
- Thanksgiving Grattitude Challenge
- Add some laughter to your Thanksgiving table with these free printable Thanksgiving napkin holders with jokes
Thanksgiving Alphabet / Phonics
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color by Addition Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- Kids will have fun working on subtraction with these free Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Work on more advanced math with these Free Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- Adorable Turkey Color Matching Craft (printable)
- Who says younger kids have to get all the hands on learning fun? These Free Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles are perfect for older elementary age students!
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- These cut-and-paste worksheets are a Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers
Thank you for sharing…wishing you a very grateful and happy Thanksgiving!