We have tried several Feed the Animal activities and they are always a big hit. There is something about feeding a pretend animal that makes toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children super happy and excited to learn and play. And with Thanksgiving coming up soon this cute feed the turkey craft is a fun way to practice some basic skills. Best of all this activity is so versatile so that you can work on letters, numbers, shapes, sight words, or even basic math facts.
Feed the Turkey Activity
Feed the turkey game
Feed the Turkey Craft
- Paper lunch bag
- Construction Paper
- Feed the Turkey Printable
- Grab the FREE Feed the Turkey Template
- Print and cut out the template. (Print the feathers on construction paper or trace on construction paper and cut out)
- Cut a hole in one side of the paper bag.
- Glue the eyes, beak and gobbler to the bag.
- Staple the feathers to the back of the bag along the top.
- Lay out all the letters and ask your child to feed the turkey the letter A, then have the child put the letter A through the hole on the turkey.
- Repeat this until you have used all the letters.
- You can use magnet letters, shapes, and numbers instead of the printable.
- You can make multiple turkeys for the math facts, one for each number/sum. Then you sort and feed the turkey’s the cards with math facts that match the sum.
- Laminate the cards for multiple uses and durability.
Turkey Activities for Kids
- Turkey Activity for Color Matching
- Spin & Cover Turkey Shapes Activity
- Torn Paper Turkey Craft
- Turkey Word Family Activites
- Turkey Life Cycle Cards
- Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- FREE Thanksgiving Play for Families
- Turkey Math Craft
- Sorting Turkey Feathers Activty for Learning COLORS
- FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- 35 Turkey Crafts and Activities for Thanksgiving
- Cute Turkey Snack
- Free Printable Thanskgiving Hats for Kids
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets
Feed the Turkey Educational Activity
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply