Even little kids can make a cute turkey craft this Thanksgiving using our free printable turkey template. This construction paper turkey is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders. Simply print our thanksgiving crafts printable and follow our simple step-by-step instructions for how to make a turkey craft and you are ready to make this simple turkey craft ideas.
Construction Paper Turkey
We love simple projects that use common craft supplies to make printable crafts for kids! This construction paper thanksgiving crafts is a really fun turkey craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love making these cute thanksgiving crafts to celebrate in November.
Printable Turkey Template
Start by grabbing your supplies:
- turkey template (see bottom of post for two different styles in 2 different sizes)
- markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- construction paper (red, orange, yellow, blue)
How to make a turkey craft
Start by colouring your turkey body with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
Next, hold your paper horizontally and cut your construction paper into strips.
Cute thanksgiving crafts
Affix your turkey bottom to your choice of construction paper. You will want it to be centered towards the bottom.
Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
Use glue or tape to make teardrop shapes out of your construction paper strips.
Thanksgiving crafts for toddlers
Begin affixing teardrop construction paper around turkey to make his feathers. You will want to leave gaps between each feather.
Turkey projects for preschool
We did 8 feathers in our first color of red.
Construction paper thanksgiving crafts
Now you will affix your 2nd color feathers, we choose orange, around the turkey, behind the initial red feathers, but out a little farther from the turkey’s body. Whiel we did 8 feathers in red, we did 12 feathers in orange.
Turkey craft ideas
Finally, we added the yellow teardrop feathers. we did 14 feathers that were again behind the previous layer, but out more from the body to crate a big plummage of pretty feathers that really pop.
Feel free to add any details you like such as legs or words. This super cute turkey craft is simple to make, but quite striking too! Kids of all ages will be so proud of this Thanksgiving project they can make in November.
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
Thanksgiving Language Arts
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- Kids will have fun working on subtraction with these free Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Work on more advanced math with these Free Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- Adorable Turkey Color Matching Craft (printable)
- Who says younger kids have to get all the hands on learning fun? These Free Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles are perfect for older elementary age students!
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color by Addition Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- Finally, don’t miss over 30 Fun November Kids Activities and November Crafts for Kids.
- Well, there you go! I hope you enjoy all these fun, clever, and FREE ideas to fill you November with fun learning and kids activities
- Plan a whole Thanksgiving Theme with all these fun, creative resources from around the web!
- Looking for help sneaking fun into your month? Print out our FREE Thanksgiving Activity Calendar
- Plus, don’t miss these 22 Thanksgiving Books or these Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers you will love reading with your kids!
- 50+ Turkey Crafts for Kids
Looking for YUMMY Pumpkin Recipes? Try these family favorites:
- You will want to try our Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- We’ve taken all the work out of prepping the PERFECT Thanksgiving feast! Here is ourfree Thanksgiving Meal Planner with recipes, timing, hints, and more!
- Oh so Yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Easy-to-Make, healthy Pumpkin Pie Chili will be your families new favorite meal!
- Super easy to make Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal to whip up in the crock pot
- 40 Pumpkin Pie Recipes for Kids
- Here is your new favorite dessert for October – Pumpkin Lava Cakes!
- Super delicious Pumpkin Waffles that have no added sugar, but are perfectly sweet!
- BEST EVER Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Turkey Pot Pie Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Thanksgiving crafts printable
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.