Super Cute Turkey Snack for Kids is edible and comes together super easily.
Cute Turkey Snack for Kids
You will need 2 Oreos per Turkey. Break off the top cookie from an edge of one of the Oreos. This leaves the icing to “glue” the other Oreo on top. Press the second Oreo cookie perpindicular into the notch you created. They should stay together now as long as you are reasonably gentle with them.
Press about 6 candy corn around the perpendicular Oreo to make Turkey feathers. Note: I used double stuffed Oreos to give there more room to stick in the candy corn feathers.
I made all that I was going to make, using up one package of double stuffed Oreos.
Next, we made the rest of the turkey using a whopper, mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cup, red icing, light bulb sprinkle, white stick looking sprinkle, and a toothpick.
- Start out by making the feet from red icing (you can buy it premade in the baking isle all ready to pipe) leaving a little pile of red towards the back where the cookies meet.
- Now using a sharp knife cut an edge in the peanut butter cup so it lies flat. Place in the red icing to “glue” it.
- Using a toothpick make 3 indentations. Put a white sprinkle in two for the eyes (I pressed which turned the sprinkle to powder and left if flat) and a large bulb sprinkle in one for the beak.
- Now you will need to break the toothpick in half. Then stick on end in the whopper so you have the turkey head on a stick. Press the other end of the toothpick into the top of the Reece’s peanut butter cup.
There you have it – a super cute Turkey Craft perfect for your Thanksgiving Table. I added a fan shaped folded cloth napkin behind it.
More Thanksgiving Posts You’ll Love
- What to Make for Thanksgiving Dinner (menu, recipes, timeline, and printable grocery list)
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Caramelized Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipes
- Fun Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Turkey T-shirt Craft
- Thankful Turkey Hand Art
- Pasta Turkeys Craft & Sensory Play
- 35 Turkey Crafts for Kids35 Turkey Crafts for Kids
- Pilgrim Unit (Costumes, Crafts, Activities, and more!)