This turkey science project is SO MUCH FUN! This is a creative, thanksgiving themed elephant toothpaste activity that is sure to impress kids of all ages! This simple thanksgiving science experiment uses common items and is easy to do in just 5-10 minutes! Your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grader will be impressed as they grow colorful turkey feathers with this november activity for kid.
I love simple activities that not only impress, but teach too! This turkey science experiment is EPIC! Not only will children learn some november science, but they will enjoy a fall and autumn themed, thanksgiving activities! You will want to try this november science experiment with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to demonstarte a simple chemical reaction between hydrogen perioxide and yeast! Seriously, this is super cool science!
Turkey Science Experiment
All you need to try this fall science experiment are a few simple materials you may already have on hand:
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- small empty plastic bottles
- food coloring
- 1 teaspoon rapid yeast
- squirt of dish soap
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide 6% or higher solution
- construction paper – brown, orange, red
- google eyes
- scissors and tape
Thanksgiving Science Experiment
Start by making a construction paper turkey; set aside and mix up the growing feathers mixture.
Now fill bottles with warm water and hydrogen peroxide. We did 4 bottles to get a mix of feather colors. You can do more or less depending on the size of your turkey, small bottles you can find, etc.
November Science Experiment
Add 5-6 drops of food coloring to each bottle. I suggest fall or turkey colors such as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, etc.
Add 1 teaspoon yeast to each bottle
Finally, add a couple of squirts of dish soap to each jar to make the feathers bubble up nicely!
Add the construction paper turkey to the front of the bottles so they are barely seen.
Turkey activity for kids
This type of erruption is more gradual, and a steady stream. The more yeast and higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide, the bigger the chemical reaction in this experiment. I also realized we forgot our hot water… oops. Still worked just fine, but the warm water mixed with the yeast would have made the yeast activate FASTER so it would have begun more promptly.
HINT: If your erruption is extra slow taking off, feel free to use a stick to stir the mixture a couple times to speed it up!
Thanksgiving activity for kids
This is such a fun-to-try and super cool science experiment for November that will grow turkey feathers right before your eyes with a simple chemistry experiment for kids of all ages.
Just in case you were wondering, you can dump both the yeast and hydrogen peroxide down the drain without any issue. If you are on septic however, I would dump the hydrogen peroxide in the yard far away fro myour leach lines =)
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft for Preschoolers in November
- EASY Turkey Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Paper Plate Turkey Craft with Lovely Feathers
- EASY Marble-Painted Turkey Craft Ideas for Kids
- Turkey Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Corn-Painted Name Turkey Craft for Kindergarten
- Paint Swatch Toilet Paper Roll Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Coffee Filter Turkey Crafts for Preschoolers
- EASY Bubble Wrap Turkey Craft for Kids
- CUTE Thanksgiving Construction Paper Turkey Craft
- FREE Printable “I am Thankful” Turkey Paper Craft
- Simple Construction Paper Turkey Craft for November
Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers
- These adorable Turkey Hat Template are fun to make and wear in November
- Make these adorable Turkey Cup Holders to decorate your Thanksgiving table!
- Painted Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Simple-to-Make Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Preschoolers
- Easy Platic Cup Turkey Craft
- Feathered Paper Plate Turkey Craft
- Thanksful Turkey Hand Art
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Crafts for Preschool
- Packing Peanut Turkey Craft
- 35 Clever Turkey Craft Ideas
- EASY Pasta Turkey Craft
- Edible Turkey Craft for Kids
- Skittle Turkey Science Activities for November
- Balloon Races Turkey Game – FUN November Activities for Kids
- Dancing Corn Fall Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Growing Feather Turkey Sciene Experiment for November
- Like the Pilgrims did – Making Butter Science Experient with Free Worksheet
- Melting Turkey Thanskgiving Science Experiment for November
- Grow Your Own Crystal Turkey Science Project for November
- Turkey Magic Milk Novemer Science Experiment
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- You will love these no prep Free,Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Thankgiving BINGO game is sure to be a hit with the entire family!
- Kids will have fun recreating the First Thanksgiving with ourfree Printable Thanksgiving Play with costume suggestions
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for kids
- Kids will have fun strengthening mortor skills while recreating their favorite food with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Work on color recognition with these printable Turkey Feathers activity or these Turkey Coloring Pages
- Don’t miss our free printable Thanksgiving Pictionary for Families! It is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- Feed the Turkey Game
- Thanksgiving Grattitude Challenge
- Add some laughter to your Thanksgiving table with these free printable Thanksgiving napkin holders with jokes
Thanksgiving Alphabet / Phonics
- Listen for beginning sounds as you complete these adorable, Free Printable Build-a Turkey Activities
- Pumpkin Pie Phonics is a fun Thanksgiving Activities for Kidnergarten to practice identifying the sounds letters make
- Help kids work on letter recognition with these Thanksgiving Color by Letter where they will reveal fun hidden pictures!
- Practice tracing upper and lower case letters while working on beginning sounds with these Pumpkin Activities.
- ABC Turkey File Folder Game
- Kids will have fun working on letter recognition with these Letter Find Free Pumpkin Printables
- This fun-to-color Thanksgiving story for kindergarten pdf will help kids learn about the First Thanksgiving.
- Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these super cute, NO PREP, Thanksgiving Color by Sight Word
- Sight Word Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten is a fun way for kids to practice reading Looking for another fun word family activity?
- Working on Word Families with Turkey Word Family Sort Thanksgiving Activities for Kindergarten or our Pumpkin Pie Word Family Puzzles
- Kids will have fun practicing spelling with this Free Thanksgiving Create-a-Word Activity
- Keep kids practicing writing skills with these no prep,Thanksgiving Creative Writing Prompts
- Super cute Turkey Sight Word Mats
- Free Thanksgiving Writing Prompts or this Thanksgiving Writing Prompt
- Create-a-Word Thanksgiving Spelling Activity
- Or work on addition with these fun, Color by Addition Thanksgiving Worksheets
- Kids will have fun working on Number Sense with these adorable Pumpkin Math puzzles
- Work on number recognitoin with these Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun practicing counting with this Thanksgiving Math Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Activity
- Make a Pumpkin Pie Craft to practice counting
- Pumpkin Pie Count & Trace Thanskgiving math activity is a great way to practice counting and writing numbers too
- Kids will have fun using marshmallows or cotton balls in this 1:1 Pumpkin Pie Correspondence Thanksgiving Math activity
- Pumpkin Number Bonds to 10 Worksheets are a fun, NO PREP way to practice math in October
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Counting Puzzles
- Thanksgiving I Spy Printable Worksheet
- Kids will have fun working on subtraction with these free Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- This adorable Turkey Math Craft is a fun hands-on thanksgiving math activities for preschoolers
- Work on more advanced math with these Free Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
- Kids will love this cute feathers counting Turkey Activty for Preschoolers
- Adorable Turkey Color Matching Craft (printable)
- Who says younger kids have to get all the hands on learning fun? These Free Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles are perfect for older elementary age students!
- These Spin and Cover Turkey Activities are a fun way to sneak in some math in November
- Practice Counting by 10s with this cute Turkey Skip Counting Activity
- Work on counting to 100 with these FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets
- These cut-and-paste worksheets are a Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Help kids work on number sense with these adorable Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Puzzles
- This Pumpkin Patch Addition Game is a fun way to practice addition in October (color or black & white)
- Kids can solve the math problems in this Pumpkin Math Activity over and over again to achieve fluency!
- My kids love activities that involve food! Thesecandy corn Turkey Counting and tracing number mats are loads of fun!
- Turkey Colour Matching Game with dot markers