Make sure kids are understanding what they read with these free book reports. This 3rd grade book report is super handy, as it is no-prep and works with any book. Use this book report template to ensure readers are understanding what they are reading. These book report form has many spots for children from second grade, third grade, fourth grade, and fifth graders to write down information about the book including the title, author, setting, main characters and the ending. Simply print the free book report templates and you are ready to go!
3rd Grade Book Report
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no prep book report templates for children in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Children need to practice writing and summarizing the major parts of the book, and ensuring they understand what they are reading, but staring at a blank page isn’t going to help your early reader succeed! With the help of these Book Review Template for Kids and guided prompts, children will easily be able to complete a fun and exciting report on any book they have been reading. Use these 3rd grade book report pages to guide children to review and clearly express the major points of the book they just read.
Free book report templates
Book report template
The activities on these book reports include:
- Title of Book
- Describe the setting of the book
- Describe the main characters of the book
- Write a short summary of the book
- How did the story end?
Book report form
- Describe the climax of the story
- Rate the book
- My favorite part
- My favorite character
- A different ending could be
- Draw a new cover for the book
3rd grade book report template
- Where did the book take place?
- When did the book take place?
- What obstacles did the characters face?
- What are your thoughts on the main character
- My thoughts on the book
Book reports for 3rd graders
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer camp – you will love these no-prep book report worksheets for kids of all ages in grade 3, grade 4, grade 5 and even grade 6!
Book report for kids
Looking for other ways to help kids work on reading comprehension and summarizing a book they read? Try these free resources:
- Handy, book report template in the form of a bookmark (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Printable Book Report Template for elementary age kids, works with any books
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template!
- Book Report Template 3rd Grade and other elementary age kids – lots of free printable choices!
- Printable Sandwich Book Report allow kids to recall the main point, climax, characters, setting, and more in each delicious layer
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets
- While not book report, this Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library, the Dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free printable scavenger hunts for kids!
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable pdf – to help encourage kids to read!
- Handy Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
First of all, whether you stock up on books at your local library, have a robust home library, or not. You can still order books and have them conveninetly shipped to your house from Amazon. Wondering what should I read – we’ve got tons of great book recommendations for you! Click on the list you want to read and then you can conveninetly order from Amazon or print a book list to take to the library.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best Read aloud books for kindergarten
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 20+ Fantastic First grade read alouds picture books
- Best First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- 2nd grade reading books pdf
- Printable 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Reading List
- 5th grade reading List
- Historical fiction for kids (arranged by time period)
- 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
Book Review Template for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!