Giraffe Life Cycle
Giraffes are fascinating animals that children can learn all about! They are the tallest mammals on Earth, with long necks and towering legs. Kids can discover how they use their unique features to survive in the wild, such as using their long tongues to reach leaves high up in trees. Giraffes also have distinct coat patterns that help them blend in with their surroundings. Let’s introduce our students to these amazing creatures and the giraffe life cycle with these free printable giraffe worksheets! Included is lots of fun facts about giraffes including life cycle worksheets and tons of fascinating information! Simply print the free life cycle printables and you are ready to learn with elementary age studnets from grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, ane grade 5 students.
Life Cycle Worksheets
Life Cycle of a Giraffe
Giraffes have a fascinating life cycle! They start as tiny calves, standing about six feet tall when born. As they grow, giraffes feed on their mother’s milk for about a year. By the age of two, they can start eating leaves and plants. During this time, they also develop their long necks, allowing them to reach food at greater heights. As they reach sexual maturity around 4-5 years old, male giraffes compete for mates through necking battles. Once a female is impregnated, she carries her calf for around 15 months before giving birth. The cycle then begins again.
- Giraffe vocabulary cards – newborn, mother and calf, adolescent, adult, eating, grass, acacia leaf, habitat
- Giraffes life cycle poster
- Label the giraffe life cycle – adult, calf, newborn, adolescent
- Cut and paste the life cycle of a girafe
- Draw the stages of the giraffe life cycle
Fun facts about giraffes
Did you know that giraffes are fascinating creatures with some truly mind-boggling features? Here are some exciting facts about them that’ll leave you amazed!
- Towering Heights: Giraffes are the tallest land animals on our planet, reaching dizzying heights of up to 16-20 feet! That’s like having a two-story building walk by, wow!
- Necks and Spots: Their long necks consist of the same number of vertebrae as our own, only elongated! And those beautiful spots adorning their coats are like our fingerprints—no two giraffes have the same pattern. How cool is that?!
- Super Tongues: Giraffes have incredibly long tongues, about 18-20 inches, which they utilize to reach foliage high in trees. Imagine having a tongue longer than a baseball bat!
- Social Butterflies: Despite their gentle demeanor, giraffes are incredibly sociable animals. They live in loose communities and are known to engage in gentle head-butting or necking as a form of communication.
- Silent Communicators: While giraffes don’t make much noise, they communicate through infrasonic sounds that are too low for humans to hear. So, they’re sharing secrets we can’t even eavesdrop on!
- Giraffe life cycle coloring page
- Cut and Paste giraffe stages and giraffe coloring sheet
- Create a giraffe life cycle mini book – choose black and white or color option
- Fill in what you learned about the life cycle of a giraffe booklet
- Label the parts of a horse – eye, ear, nostril, neck, horns, tail
- Giraffe research and writing prompts
Did you know that giraffes have a unique habitat? These magnificent creatures can be found in various countries in Africa, where they thrive in grasslands, savannas, and open woodlands. As the tallest land animals, giraffes comfortably browse on the tree leaves that other herbivores cannot reach. Their long necks and powerful legs allow them to gracefully move across vast areas in search of food and water. Unfortunately, their habitat is under threat due to human activities such as deforestation and habitat encroachment.
Giraffes for Kids
- Giraffe Worksheets – fill in the bank using vocabulary from the word bank: ruminant, ossicones, mammal, vulnerable, vertebrate, cud, diurnal, extict, necking, herbivore, herd, camoflage
- Free Giraffe Reader
- Giraffe Habitat Worksheet
- Giraffe Appearance Worksheet
- Giraffe Life Cycle Reading Comprehension with passage and follow-up questions
- Bibliography worksheet
- My book report template
- Animal Report form
- Giraffe page with cute clipart pictures
Life Cycles for Kids
- A – Life Cycle of an Ant worksheets, Apple Life Cycle Printable, or this Apple life cycle printable spinner
- B –Barn Owl Life Cycle Worksheets, Bat Life Cycle Printable, these Bat Worksheets, Bald Eage Life Cycle Worksheets, Bee Life Cycle or these Life Cycle of a Bee Worksheet, Black Bear Life Cycle Worksheets, Life cycle of a bear printables, Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet FREE Download, Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet observation Book and step-by-step hatching experient pictures, or these Butterfly Worksheets
- C- Cat Worksheets theme or more in-depth Cat life Cycle pages, Crab Life Cycle, Chicken Life Cycle Worksheets, free Life Cycle of a Chicken Worksheet Observation Book, Themed cow worksheets and Life Cycle of a Cow Worksheets , Crocodile Life Cycle Worksheets
- D – dog life cycle worksheets or dog’s life cycle pack, deer life cycle worksheets for elementary or themed deer worksheets pre-k/k
- E – Life Cycle of an Elephant Worksheets
- F –Farm Animal Life Cycles- (worm, chicken, rabbit, bat) Fish Life Cycle, Flower and Plant Life Cycle for Kids Life-the-Flap, Frog Worksheets or this Frog Life Cycle for Kids Printable Spinner and Activities, Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheets, experiment and observations
- G – Giraffe Life Cycle Worksheets, Groundhog life cycle worksheets
- H – Hippo Life cycle worksheets, Horse Life Cycle printables, hedgehog life cycle, and life cycle of hummingbirds worksheets
- I –Insect life cycle worksheet pages for kids about butterfly, ladybug, bee, and mosquito.
- J –Jellyfish Life Cycle
- K – Koala life cycle worksheets or Life cycle of a koala pack
- L – Life Cycle of a Ladybug Printables, learn about the Life Cycle of a Ladybird, Lobster Life Cycle
- M – Mammal Animals for Kids Life Cycle Printable Books, Life Cycle of a Mosquito Worksheet Set, Monkey Life Cycle worksheets
- P – Panda Worksheets, themed learning for pre-k and kindergarten Panda Worksheets , Life Cycle of a Penguin Worksheets. free life cycle of a pig worksheets, Plant Life Cycles Printable Reader, Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap, Plant Life Cycle for Kids, Polar Animals for kids life cycle printables, Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet, or these Life cycle of a Pumpkin pdf
- R – Life Cycle of a Rabbit Worksheet , themed rabbit worksheets for pre-k/k, Reindeer Life Cycle Worksheets, Rock Life Cycle
- S – Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet, Life Cycle of a Sea Turtle Printable Book, Life Cycle of a Seal, Shark Life Cycle, sheep life cycle worksheets, fascinating Snake life cycle worksheets, Spider Life Cycle Worksheet pages for kids, Star Fish Life Cycle, Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- T – Turkey Life Cycle Worksheet Pack
- W – Walrus Life Cycle, Water cycle Worksheet printables for kids, Water Animals for Kids Life Cycles , Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner, Life Cycle of a Worm worksheets and younger Worm Life Cycle Worksheet, Worm Observation Book
- Are you My Mother? Matching, Animal Homes Clip Cards, Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Zoo Animal Reports, Free Zoo Animals Worksheet, free Biomes Coloring Pages, printable Endangered Animals Worksheets, Animal report templates
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity, Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers, Animal Habitat Game
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity or explore havitats with free animal card printables
- 70+ Life Cycles for Kids, Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers, Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple and more complex options), elephant life cycle worksheets
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste, Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Ocean Animals for Kids – HUGE unit for K-8th grade students.
- Zoo Animals Color by Number, free I Spy Animals Worskheet, Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z, Printable Animal Masks, 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- See all of our Animal Activities, Printables, and Crafts
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.