Celebrate the first day of summer on June 20th by printing out one of these super cute, FREE Printable Bookmarks. These are such an easy way to get kids excited about reading!
Lazy, warm summer days are here! School is over for the year, you are making summer planning for your summer bucket list filled with fun summer activities for kids. Your kids are sleeping later, eating refreshing popsicles, drawing on the driveway with chalk, playing in your backyard, and enjoying some down time.
Summer is a great time for children to get into reading. Reading is a great way to learn and increase your knowledge, and what better way to do this then to lay on the beach or beside the pool, relaxing, reading a good book. When it is time to cool down or build a sandcastle, they can make their spot in their books with these fun Summer Bookmarks.
Summer Printable Bookmarks
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, nanny, or grandparent – you will love these printable bookmarks to get kids excited about summer reading! These cute, free and low-prep summer themed bookmarks can be used in the classroom or at home to help your children and students get excited about reading. As they are all in black and white, they are also a wonderful way to get the creative juices flowing while encouraging children to read more, even starting with just 20 minutes a day.
Bookmarks for Kids
Print off the two pages of blackline bookmarks onto white cardstock (for durability, plain paper will do in a pinch). As there are four bookmarks per page, cut out each bookmark on the solid black line, then children can pick which bookmark or two they would like to decorate and use.
Bookmarks to Color
This is where the fun begins. Children can use their creativity to colour and decorate the bookmarks as they wish. They could use markers, crayons, coloring pencils or paints to color them, or even decorate with sequins or glitter glued on to make the bookmarks sparkle. They can even write their name on the back of the bookmark as well.
For durability, once the bookmark has been decorated, it is a good idea to laminate it. Then children could punch a hole in the top or bottom of the bookmark and add a ribbon if they wish.
This printable pack comes completely in black and white for easier and cheaper printing. There are a total of eight bookmarks, four on two pages.
- Looking for your next favorite book? Check out our book lists for kids
- Grab our Bookshelf Reading Log to keep track of all the books your child has read!
- Make sure your kids are remembering the main parts of a book with these free Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
- Help kids improve fluency with Reading the Easy Way
- Reading Log Printables
- Encourage your students to keep reading with these Frozen Reading Logs
- Use this Sandwich Book Report Printable to recall the story you read
Summer Activities for Kids
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Hands-on Strawberry Counting Activity
- Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- June Activities for Kids
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Free Printable Bookmarks
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!