Celebrate the first day of summer on June 20th by printing out one of these super cute, Printable Bookmarks. These FREE Printable Bookmarks are such an easy way to get kids excited about reading. Kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders will have fun colouring the bookmarks that will save their spot for summer reading. Simply download pdf file with summer reading printable and you will have a fun summer reading idea!
Lazy, warm summer days are here! School is over for the year, you are making summer planning for your summer bucket list filled with fun summer activities for kids. Your kids are sleeping later, eating refreshing popsicles, drawing on the driveway with chalk, playing in your backyard, and enjoying some down time. Summer is a great time for children to get into reading. Reading is a great way to learn and increase your knowledge, and what better way to do this then to lay on the beach or beside the pool, relaxing, reading a good book. When it is time to cool down or build a sandcastle, they can make their spot in their books with these fun Summer themed free printable bookmarks. These summer printables are perfect for kindergarnters, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, nanny, or grandparent – you will love these printable bookmarks for students to get excited about reading! These cute, free and low-prep summer themed bookmarks can be used in the classroom or at home to help your children and students get excited about reading. As they are all in black and white, they are also a wonderful way to get the creative juices flowing while encouraging children to read more, even starting with just 20 minutes a day.
Free Printable Bookmarks
Printable Bookmarks for Students
Print off the two pages of blackline bookmarks onto white cardstock (for durability, plain paper will do in a pinch). As there are four bookmarks per page, cut out each bookmark on the solid black line, then children can pick which bookmark or two they would like to decorate and use.
Printable bookmarks for kids
This is where the fun begins. Children can use their creativity to colour and decorate the bookmarks as they wish. They could use markers, crayons, coloring pencils or paints to color them, or even decorate with sequins or glitter glued on to make the bookmarks sparkle. They can even write their name on the back of the bookmark as well.
For durability, once the bookmark has been decorated, it is a good idea to laminate it. Then children could punch a hole in the top or bottom of the bookmark and add a ribbon if they wish.
This printable pack comes completely in black and white for easier and cheaper printing. There are a total of eight bookmarks, four on two pages.
- Looking for your next favorite book? Check out our book lists for kids
- Grab our Bookshelf Reading Log to keep track of all the books your child has read!
- Make sure your kids are remembering the main parts of a book with these free Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
- Help kids improve fluency with Reading the Easy Way
- Reading Log Printables
- Encourage your students to keep reading with these Frozen Reading Logs
- Use this Sandwich Book Report Printable to recall the story you read
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- June Activities for Kids
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!