Here is a really fun spring flower art projects for kids to make. Flower Crafts are so pretty and such a fun way to celebrate the arrival of spring! This If you make it on canvas is makes a lovely childhood keepsake or Mothers Day Gift. This project can be child-led and simple or directed to make it more polished flower crafts for preschoolers. Either way this handprint art ideas is such a fun spring art project for preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Spring flower art projects
Flower crafts for preschoolers
To make this pretty flower craft you will just need a few simple materials:
- 11”x 8” canvas (which can be easily purchased at Michaels, Amazon, or your favorite local craft store)
- washable paint in 3 colors of choice + green
- paint smock
- paper plates
- table covering, optional
- baby wipes – optional to wipe up messy hands
Flower craft for kids
This project is a lot of sensory fun for kids as they squish their hands in the colorful paint. Kids will enjoy watching the colors swirl and mix together on their hands and on the canvas.
The beauty of these flowers is that your kids don’t need the added step of cleaning their hands between pressing.
Spring art project for preschool
Have your child make prints with their hands on the canvas (shaped vertically) to make flowers. I recommend three across, two in the next row, and one or two random one to give it a non-regulated feel.
Flower hand art
It adds to the beauty of the project to let kids mix paint from several plates.
Mothers day arts and crafts
Now that the flower bouquet has been made have your child clean off their hand. Give them a plate with green paint and have them make a stem for each flower. Then make fingerprints along the stem to make leaves on the flower stems.
Mothers Day Craft for Toddlers
I just love the beauty of the finished hand art project – it very impressionistic art like with our Monet for kids study. My Kindergartner was so proud of her artwork.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Spin Art Paint Flower Craft for Kids
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners