In preparation for next year’s study of the USA I am creating State Printable Packs for our unit – US States for Kids ! Studying the US States is a great way to get to know our great country, meet famous Americans, learn about natural habitats & their animals, famous landmarks, history, and have LOTS of fun!! I am thrilled that my Preschooler & 1st grader can learn side-by-side! The packs have lots of activities suitable for kids Preschool – 5th+ grade! Did I mention it is FREE!!
FREE Delaware State Printables
- State Fact sheet (blank & filled in – I suggest using the blank one for older children and the filled in one for younger children who do not have the skills or patience to fill it in)
- Chief Products
- Brief History
- Things to Sea
- State Fact Sheet #2
- Where is the state in the US?
- Longitude & Latitude Map Skills
- Math Activity as you travel from state to state
- Did you Know section
- Population & Size Graphs
- Map Work (including time zone activity)
- Number practice (from 1-50) – practice writing and counting
- Plant Cards (common to the state)
- Animal Cards (common to the state)
- Practice writing letters A to Z –twice
- OTHER – You will find about 20 sheets of other activities. These will incorporate educational skills with facts about the state. For example you may use a measure to see how tall the Missouri Gateway Arch is compared to the Willis Tower. Or you may learn skip counting with the Wright brothers. Play a KFC Chicken Sight Reading Game when learning about Kentucky or roll your Way through the Indianapolis Speedway. Learn about Nocturnal animals and coal. Or build a shape car while learning about Michigan’s Henry Ford. Each pack is different in this area – so browse for the activities that fit your child’s needs, interests, and skills.
These units do take time to prepare in a thoughtful, fun, educational way. I am grateful for your kind comments and encouragement as I continue to provide free printables for everyone to enjoy! Thank you! And happy learning!