In preparation for next year’s study of the USA I am creating State Printable Packs for our unit –US States for Kids Studying the US States is a great way to get to know our great country, meet famous Americans, learn about natural habitats & their animals, famous landmarks, history, and have LOTS of fun!! I am thrilled that my Preschooler & 1st grader can learn side-by-side! The packs have lots of activities suitable for kids Preschool – 5th+ grade! Did I mention it is FREE!!
Kentucky Worksheets for Kids
I will share more about how we are using them later, but basically we have BIG binders with a tab for each state. Each state pack has:
- State Fact sheet (blank & filled in – I suggest using the blank one for older children and the filled in one for younger children who do not have the skills or patience to fill it in)
- Chief Products
- Brief History
- Things to Sea
- State Fact Sheet #2
- Where is the state in the US?
- Longitude & Latitude Map Skills
- Math Activity as you travel from state to state
- Did you Know section
- Population & Size Graphs
- Map Work (including time zone activity)
- Number practice (from 1-50) – practice writing and counting
- Plant Cards (common to the state)
- Animal Cards (common to the state)
- Practice writing letters A to Z –twice
- OTHER – You will find about 20 sheets of other activities. These will incorporate educational skills with facts about the state. For example you may use a measure to see how tall the Missouri Gateway Arch is compared to the Willis Tower. Or you may play a fried chicken sigh reading game in honor of Kentucky’s Kentucky Fried Chicken. Each pack is different in this area – so browse for the activities that fit your child’s needs, interests, and skills.
What to See in Kentucky with Kids
If you are interested in seeing a little more about Kentucky, check out our trip to the Creation Museum, Pirate Theme Hotel & Mammoth Caves here.
By using the printable below you agree to the following: