Does your family like the silly yellow Minions in the Despicable Me movies? If you you will love these fun, clever ideas for a Minion Theme Family Fun Night! We have minion games, themed food, minion printables, and a super cute minion themed family art project! Get ready for a fun family movie night that will leave a lasing memory!
Family Fun Night
Our family enjoys our family fun nights. Some times they are filled with games, others involve fun outings, but many times they are focused around the theme of a favorite movie. Tonight we decided to theme around the silly Minions, Gru, Agnes, Margo, and Edith from the fun family movie Despicable Me. For our Minion theme family fun night with had lots of themed food, minion themed activity, and cute minion craft for the whole family. This is such a fun way to extend a family movie night to more than just sitting and watching a movie – you will love creating fun memories with these minion themed games and more!
This was a super simple to set-up Despicable Me activity that my kids loved! All you need are yellow cups, white piece of paper, black marker, and tape.
Stack the cups on a surface like pictured above. Have your children try to knock down the Minions with a bean bag or similar.
Family Night Ideas
After seeing Despicable Me 2 we all wanted to a chip hat. So I decided to try to make my own. Well….. it didn’t turn out that great. But just to show you that not everything works out the way I plan it, I decided to show it to you.
My sweet kids still thought it was cool and yummy – bless their little hearts!
Family Movie Night
These Minion Bananas were a delicious, semi-healthy treat. We cut bananas in half and put them on a stick. We then dipped the bananas in melted white chocolate. Then we put them on parchment paper to harden. While they were still “wet” we added edible eyes. We topped with chocolate frosting to make the minion goggles. They were cute AND delicious!
Note: If you get some blue fruit roll ups they will make cute pants.
One of our favorite parts about our Despicable Me Family Fun Night was making this family art project.
We painted the bottom of our feet mostly with yellow acrylic paint and the third with the toes in a medium blue. We then pressed them on a large canvas. (This took a while to get all our feet on there & cleaned off. The kids thought it was hilarious for Daddy to paint his feet!)
After the paint on the canvas dried we used a paintbrush to add some blue paint to make the suspender part of the Minion pants. Then we used yellow paint to add arms.
Finally we used a black sharpie to make a line for the googles, hair, mouth, and black gloves. Then we used a hot glue gun to add one or two google eyes.
It turned out so cute! I love our little Minion family art work we made! Sweet memories!
Looking for more fun Minion ideas? Try these:
- EASY Minions Electronics Project
- Minion Printables – HUGE pack of educational activities for kids
- Division Minion Printable Math Flashcards
- Despicable Me Birthday Party Ideas
- Minion Themed Free Contraction Activities
Family Fun Night
Looking for more ideas for family fun night including activities, games, recipes, and printables? You will love these ideas:
- Aladdin Family Fun Night – Abu cupcakes, magic carpet rides, genie artwork, and more!
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Family Fun Night – treasure map pizza, duplo, and more
- Monsters Inc Family Fun Night – Mike pesto pizza, monster playdough, and more!
- Lady and the Tramp Family Fun Night – spaghetti & meatballs, dog catcher game, pasta plate craft, and more!
- Incredibles Family Fun Night – become a super hero, eat Incredible pie, and more!
Despicable Me Printables
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Clipart Purchased and used with permission from: ClipArtopia
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!