Here is a really fun Abraham Lincoln Craft for Kids celebrating Presidents Day for Kids – Abraham Lincoln Plate Craft for kids 3-8 years old.
Presidents day is just a little over 2 weeks away.
Presidents Day Activities for Kids
- FREE Presidents Day Mini Unit
- Abraham Lincoln Craft for Kids
- Presidents Day Tricorn Hat Project
- Free Patriotic Preschool / K Worksheets
- George Washington Birthday Craft
- Presidents Day Spelling
- Abraham Lincoln Writing Project + Craft
- Free February Writing Prompts
- FREE Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- FREE Presidents of USA Coloring Sheets
Abraham Lincoln Craft for Kids
- Paper or Styrofoam Plate
- 1 piece Black Construction Paper
- Black felt (or black craft foam or even just another piece of black construction paper)
- 2 Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Scissors & a stapler
Now cut 2” horizontally off the black construction paper. Staple the larger piece of construction paper (vertically to make a tall hat), the 2” strip horizontally to make the hat’s brim, and a craft stick at the back to the top of the plate.
Note: Don’t skip the craft stick at the back of the hat. The craft stick behind the hat gives the hat some stability so it doesn’t flop down.
Cut the felt to be just longer than the width of your plate in a “bumpy” pattern to make it look like a beard. Fold over and tape.
Finally, staple a jumbo craft stick to the bottom of the plate for your child to hold the mask. Alternatively you could attach string by hole punching both sides and tie it around your child’s head.
Isn’t is super cute?
This Abraham Lincoln Costume would be great for a President’s day play too!
Abraham Lincoln Log Cabin Snack for Kids
I gave the kids graham crackers, large pretzel rods, small pretzel sticks, and peanut butter to build a log cabin. The kids got really creative and had fun building their logs – they almost forgot to eat them. They tasted supper yummy too!
Note: Please skip the peanut butter if your child has a peanut/nut allergy.
Presidents Day Unit
- 30 pages of Copywork including quotes from Abraham Lincoln & George Washington
- President’ Day Acrostic Poems
- Design Your Own Coin
- Money Bingo
- Mount Rushmore Facts & Activity
- If I were the President Writing
- and more!
We also read President’s Day by Natalie M. Rosinsky which did an great job of explaining what President’s Day is and how it began. It also includes why we honor George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and more.