Do your kids love playing with playdough? Toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students love shapping, molding, and creating with playdough activities. If you are looking for playdough ideas you will love all our homemade playdough easy and free printable playdough mats to encourage creativity, play, and strengthening hand muscles while having FUN!
Looking to take playing with playdough to the next level? Try these homemade playdough easy recipes and super cute playdough mats for all kinds of occasions and skills. These free printable playdough mats are sure to be a hit with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these playdough printables to make learning fun and playful!
Printable Playdough Mats
Looking for free printable playdough mats to get playing with playdough? You will love these printable playdough mats:
- Tool Playdough Mats are a fun way for preschoolers to learn the names of some common tools
- Kids will make cars, busses, rockets, hot air balloons, airplanes and more with these Adorable Transportation Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats are a fun way to help kids start to recognize feelings
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Form a variety of common items like apple, cat, face, boat, flowers, and more with these playdough pictures
- Celebrate cute pets as kids make birds, cats, turtles, fish, dogs, and more with these playdough mats
- Cute Princess Playdough Mats – dress-up the pretty princess
Free Playdough Mats
You can use play doh and free printable playdough mats to practice a WIDE variety of skills from alphabet playdough mats to shape playdough mats plus counting playdough mats, and more!
- Human Body Playdough Mats for kids to learn about organs, skeletal systems, muscles and more that are under their skin!
- Free Alphabet Playdough Mats from A to Z – make the letter and finish the picture by decorating with playdough (or crayons if you prefer)
- Practice thr words with these phonics playdough mats for first graders
- Rainbow 2d shape playdough mats
- Shape Playdough Mats – kids will not only practice making the shape and see real world examples of the shape, but they will learn the shape name too!
Play Doh Mats
- These silly monsters help kids practice making shapes and learning shape names using free printable playdough mats!
- Cute Playdough Letter Mats are a fun way for kids to work on forming uppercase letters and learning their phonemic sounds too!
- Animals A-Z Uppercase letter tracing using play dough
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats – make the uppercase and lowercase letter then practice tracing the letters
- Super Simple alphabet playdough cards to not overhwhelm young learners. Cards include upperacse letter, one initial sound picture, and the name of the picture only.
- Dreaming of ice cream? These alphabet pladough mats allow students to form letters, practice alphabet tracing, and star learning the sound letters make too!
- Work on telling time with these playdough mats
Number Playdough Mats
We have lots of different counting playdough mats to help students practice counting to 10 or counting to 20 while having fun!
- Finish the picture with the correct number by forrming the numberals and counting with these cute Playdough Number Mats
- Learn Spanish with these Spanish Number Playdough Mats
- Practice counting and learning number word with these play dough mats
- Complete the pretty flowers by adding the shape to the center and the leaves plus tracing the shape name on these Flower Playdough Mats
- Count the cookies in the cookie jar printable
- Lemonade ten frame counting play doh mats
- Get poppin with these fun Popcorn Playdough Mats for counting 1-10
- Add flowers to the flowerpot with these count to 10 flower play doh mats
- Add the candles to the play doh cake to practice counting and tracing numbers
- Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat with Playdoh
- Count to 20 with these super cute corn on the cob playdough mats
- Work on counting to 20 with these fun Watermelon Play doh mat
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables
Holiday Play doh Mats
Looking for seasonal activities and fun? Try these play doh mats for making each month and holiday throughout the year extra special:
- Counting Pencils Back to School Playdough Mats
- Trace the number and add segments to the caterpillars to count to 10 wth these apple playdough mats
- Fall Playdough Mats have children count and make pumpkins on the vine from one to twenty
- Count while you add pretty fall leaves to these fall playdough mats
- Celebrate autumn by making a leaf, acorn, sunflower, pumpkins and more with these fall playdough mats
- Practice forming shapes with these adorable pumpkin playdough mats
- Make upper and lowercase letters with these pumpkin playdough mats
- Count to 10 with these super cute spider printables play doh mats
- Whip up some favorite holiday dishes with these thanksgiving playdough mats
- Finish the holiday scene in these playful Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Playdough Mats – Count to 20 Ornaments on the Trees
- Pretend to bake some cookies as you work on counting with these Cookie Tray Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Playdough Mats to learn vocabulary as you make common holiday items like wreaths, trees, ornaments, and more!
- Winter Playdough Mats to teach vocabulary to young kids
- Practice counting to 10 using a ten frame with these Winter Playdough Mats
- Get ready for a snowball fight with these Winter Playdough Mats 1-20
- Play doh Valentine Printable Making chocolate shapes
- Red Fish Blue Fish Dr Seuss Printable Playdough Mats
- Looks like Rain! Spring Playdough Mats for numbers 1-20
- Make Carrot Shapes with these super cute spring Play doh Mats
- Counting Eggs in your Easter Basket Easter Playdough Mats
- Learn your shapes with these Ice Cream Playdough Mats
- This ice cream printables helps students work on completing patterns with playdough scoops
- Use these ice cream printables task cards to practice addition using playdough
- Ladybug counting with playdough mats
- Practice colors with these summer Seashell Playdough Mats
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Play Doh Mats
- Celebrate summer with these Counting 4th of July Activities for Preschoolers
- Summer Playdough Mats to help kids practice counting to twenty
Homemade Playdough Easy
We have lots of really fun-to-make quick playdough recipes. Whether you try our no cook playdough recipes or our edible playdough recipes. We know you will find just the right playdough recipe in our list of tried-and-true homemade playdough recipes to try.
- You MUST try this Amazing Color Changing Playdough – the heat from your child’s hands will make it go from yellow to red, to orange. It is so beautiful and epically FUN!
- Kool Aid Playdough is our go-to homemade playdough because it is super EASY to make and smells A-Mazing!
- If you are whipping up a batch of playdough during the summer months, this EPIC Ice Cream Play doh is THE recipe. Not only does it scoop up just liek real ice cream, but it is an EDIBLE Playdough recipe too!
- Silk Soft 2 ingredient Playdough is super quick to whip up with materials you probably have in your home!
- Peeps Playdough is so much fun for kids to make with just 2 ingredients! This recipe is also a playdough that is edible!
- This winter hot chocolate playdough smells oh-so-heavenly and is perfect for delightling your child’s senses and they roll and mold the dough.
- Ready for the easiest and SOFTEST playdough you will try – whip up this 2 ingredient play dough
- December is the perfect time to whip up a batch of the Peppermint Stretchy Playdough
- Have you tried shaving cream playdough? It has such a cool texture!
- This dreamy white conditioner playdough is a real favorite!
- My kids always look forward to whipping up this Candy Corn Edible Playdough in October
- In September you will want to whip up this Apple Pie Playdough recipe
- My Kids love making chocolates out of this Chocolate Playdough in February for Valentines Day