Do your kids love playing with playdoh? Toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students love shapping, molding, and creating with playdough activities. If you are looking for playdough ideas you will love all our homemade playdough recipes and free printable playdough mats to encourage creativity, play, and strengthening hand muscles while having FUN!
Looking to take playing with playdough to the next level? Try these quick and easy DIY playdough recipes and super cute playdoh mats for all kinds of occasions and skills. These free printable playdough mats are sure to be a hit with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these playdough printables to make learning fun and playful!
Looking for free printable playdough mats to get playing with playdough? You will love these printable playdough mats:
- Tool Playdough Mats are a fun way for preschoolers to learn the names of some common tools
- Kids will make cars, busses, rockets, hot air balloons, airplanes and more with these Adorable Transportation Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats are a fun way to help kids start to recognize feelings
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
Free play doh mats
- Form a variety of common items like apple, cat, face, boat, flowers, and more with these playdouh mats
- Celebrate cute pets as kids make birds, cats, turtles, fish, dogs, and more with these playdough mats
- Cute Princess Activities for PReschoolers – dress-up the pretty princess
Free Printable Playdough Mats
You can use play doh and free printable playdough mats to practice a WIDE variety of skills from alphabet playdough mats to shape playdough mats plus counting playdough mats, and more!
- Human Body Playdough Mats for kids to learn about organs, skeletal systems, muscles and more that are under their skin!
- Practice thr words with these phonics playdough mats for first graders
- Playdough SMASH Subtraction Activity for Kindergrten
- Roll & Smash Playdough Subtraction Activity for Kindergarten
Alphabet playdough mats
Make some play dough letters as you help children learn to form letters and their initial sound too.
- Free Alphabet Playdough Mats from A to Z – make the letter and finish the picture by decorating with playdough (or crayons if you prefer)
- Cute Playdough Letter Mats are a fun way for kids to work on forming uppercase letters and learning their phonemic sounds too!
- Animals A-Z Uppercase letter tracing using play dough
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats – make the uppercase and lowercase letter then practice tracing the letters
- Super Simple alphabet playdough cards to not overhwhelm young learners. Cards include upperacse letter, one initial sound picture, and the name of the picture only.
- Playdough Letters Activity
- Alphabet Playdough Mats with letter tracing
- These silly monsters help kids practice making shapes and learning shape names using free printable playdough mats!
- Work on telling time with these playdough mats
- Shape Playdough Mats – kids will not only practice making the shape and see real world examples of the shape, but they will learn the shape name too!
- Rainbow 2d shape playdough mats
- Shapes Printable for Tracing
Number Playdough Mats
We have lots of different counting playdough mats to help students practice counting to 10 or counting to 20 while having fun!
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats Add the candles to the play doh cake to practice counting and tracing numbers
- Finish the picture with the correct number by forrming the numberals and counting with these cute Playdough Number Mats
- Learn Spanish with these Spanish Number Playdough Mats
- Practice counting and learning number word with these play dough mats
- Monster Teeth Counting Playdough Mats Dental Activities
- Work on counting to 20 with these fun Watermelon Play doh mat
Printable Playdough Mats
- Get poppin with these fun Popcorn Counting 1-10 on ten frames playdough mats
- Construction Truck Printable Counting to 20 with Playdoh
- Count the cookies in the cookie jar printable
- Ten Frame Template PLaydough Counting Mats
- Add flowers to the flowerpot with these count to 10 flower play doh mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables
- Red Fish Blue Fish Dr Seuss Preschool Playdough Mats
Holiday Play doh Mats
Looking for seasonal activities and fun? Try these play doh mats for making each month and holiday throughout the year extra special:
Fall Playdough Mats
- Counting Pencils Back to School Playdough Mats
- Practice counting on these adorable school bus ten frames as a back to school activities
- Count and Trace Fall Playdough mats
- In September you will want to whip up this Apple Pie Playdough recipe
- Trace the number and add segments to the caterpillars to count to 10 wth these aple number playdough mats
- Fall Playdough Mats have children count and make pumpkins on the vine from one to twenty
- Count to 10 with these super cute spider printables play doh mats
Seasonal Playdough Mats
- Celebrate autumn by making a leaf, acorn, sunflower, pumpkins and more with these fall playdough mats
- Practice forming shapes with these adorable playdough mat pumpkin activities for preschoolers
- Make upper and lowercase letters with these play dough mat pumpkin activity for preschoolers
- Pumpkin Math Playdough Mats to Practice Counting to 20
- My kids always look forward to whipping up this Candy Corn Edible Playdough in October
Holiday Playdough Mats
- Whip up some favorite holiday dishes with these thanksgiving playdough mats
- Pretend to bake some cookies as you work on counting with these Cookie Tray Christmas Playdough Mats
- String the Lights Patterns with Playsoudh Christmas Math
- Playdough Letter Gingerbread Activity
- Finish the holiday scene in these playful Christmas Playdough Mats
- Playdough Christmas Activity for Preschoolers – Count to 20 Ornaments on the Trees
- Christmas Playdough Mats to learn vocabulary as you make common holiday items like wreaths, trees, ornaments, and more!
Winter Playdough Mats
- Winter Activity for Preschoolers with playdough mats to teach vocabulary and build hand muscles
- Practice counting to 10 using a ten frame with these Winter Playdough Mats
- Get ready for a snowball fight with these Winter Playdough Mats 1-20
- Counting Winter Playdough Mats with number tracing
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Play doh Valentine Printable Making chocolate shapes
- My Kids love making chocolates out of this Chocolate Playdough in February for Valentines Day
- Glittery Green St Patricks Day Playdough
Spring Playdough Mats
These spring playdough mats are sure to make learning fun even when kids are itching to get outside to play.
- Flower Shape Playdough Mat for learning shapes and shape name tracing
- Looks like Rain! Spring Playdough Mats for numbers 1-20
- Make Carrot Shape Playdough Mats are perfect for spring and summer
- Counting Eggs in your Easter Basket Easter Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough is so much fun for kids to make with just 2 ingredients! This recipe is also a playdough that is edible!
Summer Playdough Mats
Here are lots of fun summer playdough mats for kids too:
- Learn your shapes with these Ice Cream Playdough Mats
- This ice cream printables helps students work on completing patterns with playdough scoops
- Use these ice cream printables task cards to practice addition using playdough
- If you are whipping up a batch of playdough during the summer months, this EPIC Ice Cream Play doh is THE recipe. Not only does it scoop up just liek real ice cream, but it is an EDIBLE Playdough recipe too!
- Ladybug counting with playdough mats
- Simple Strawberry Jello No Cook Playdoh Recipe
- Scented Watermelon Playdough
- Lemon Playdough Recipes
- Lemonade ten frame counting play doh mats
- Practice colors with these summer Seashell Printable Playdough Mats
Play Doh Mat
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Play Doh Mats
- Celebrate summer with these Counting 4th of July Activities for Preschoolers
- Ice Cream Summer Playdough Mats to help kids practice counting 1-20
- Playdough Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these super cute corn on the cob playdough mats
- Dreaming of ice cream? These alphabet pladough mats allow students to form letters, practice alphabet tracing, and star learning the sound letters make too!
We have lots of really fun-to-make quick playdough recipes. Whether you try our no cook playdough recipes or our edible playdough recipes. We know you will find just the right playdough recipe in our list of tried-and-true homemade playdough recipes to try.
- You MUST try this Amazing Color Changing Playdough – the heat from your child’s hands will make it go from yellow to red, to orange. It is so beautiful and epically FUN!
- Kool Aid Playdough is our go-to homemade playdough because it is super EASY to make and smells A-Mazing!
- Silk Soft 2 ingredient Playdough is super quick to whip up with materials you probably have in your home!
- This dreamy white conditioner playdough is a real favorite!
Homemade Playdough Recipes
- This winter hot chocolate playdough smells oh-so-heavenly and is perfect for delightling your child’s senses and they roll and mold the dough.
- Ready for the easiest and SOFTEST playdough you will try – whip up this 2 ingredient play dough recipe
- December is the perfect time to whip up a batch of the Peppermint Stretchy Playdough
- Have you tried shaving cream playdough? It has such a cool texture!
DIY Playdough Recipes
- Peanut Butter Playdough Recipe
- Edible Funfetti Playdough Recipe
- Glow in the Dark Activities Playdough Recipe
- 30 Amazing, Easy-to-Make Playdough Recipes