Make learning about blends fun for Kindergarten and first grade students with this springtime blends activities. Children will sort the cute blue birds into the correct nest by looking for the initial blends of the object the birds are holding. This phonics blends practice is a great way to improve reading and spelling skills with young learners. Simply download pdf file with beginning blends game and you are ready to play and learn!
This is a blends activity is a practical and fun way for kids to practice identifying blends at the beginning of words. Plus this initial blends activity allows kindergarten and grade 1 students to practice phonics blends with a Low PREP game that makes learning FUN! Practice br blends, bl blends, cl blends, ch blends, gl blends, gr blends, pl blends, pr blends, sc blends, and sk blends too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this engaging blends activity for students! Use it at home as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, spring theme, or extra practice for homeschool children!
This Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity is such a great way for kids to practice identifying and learning to hear blends in words. Print off the nests and birds in color on cardstock and cut apart.
Then you can either give them two nests that start with the same consonant to help them focus on auditory discrimination or you can give them all 10 nests and let them work on them all simultaneously.
Children will say the item the blue bird is bringing out loud and listen for the beginning blend sound and then place the bird in the correct nest. The 10 blends include:
- br blend (bread, broom, broccoli, branch)
- bl blend (block, blanket, bleach, blueberry)
- cl blend (clover, clam, clock, cloud)
- ch blend (chicken, church, chocolate, chess)
- gl blend (glass, glue, globe, gloves)
- gr blend (grasshopper, graduate, groceries, groundhog)
- pl blend (plug, plant, plow, pliers)
- pr blend (princess, pricetag, pretzel, present)
- sc blend (scoop, scarecrow, scarf, scissors)
- sk blend (skateboard, skunk, skeleton, skyscraper)
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!