Make learning about blends fun for Kindergarten and first grade students with this springtime blends activities. Children will sort the cute blue birds into the correct nest by looking for the initial blends of the object the birds are holding. This phonics blends practice is a great way to improve reading and spelling skills with young learners. Simply download pdf file with beginning blends game and you are ready to play and learn!
This is a blends activity is a practical and fun way for kids to practice identifying blends at the beginning of words. Plus this initial blends activity allows kindergarten and grade 1 students to practice phonics blends with a Low PREP game that makes learning FUN! Practice br blends, bl blends, cl blends, ch blends, gl blends, gr blends, pl blends, pr blends, sc blends, and sk blends too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this engaging blends activity for students! Use it at home as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, spring theme, or extra practice for homeschool children!
This Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity is such a great way for kids to practice identifying and learning to hear blends in words. Print off the nests and birds in color on cardstock and cut apart.
Then you can either give them two nests that start with the same consonant to help them focus on auditory discrimination or you can give them all 10 nests and let them work on them all simultaneously.
Children will say the item the blue bird is bringing out loud and listen for the beginning blend sound and then place the bird in the correct nest. The 10 blends include:
- br blend (bread, broom, broccoli, branch)
- bl blend (block, blanket, bleach, blueberry)
- cl blend (clover, clam, clock, cloud)
- ch blend (chicken, church, chocolate, chess)
- gl blend (glass, glue, globe, gloves)
- gr blend (grasshopper, graduate, groceries, groundhog)
- pl blend (plug, plant, plow, pliers)
- pr blend (princess, pricetag, pretzel, present)
- sc blend (scoop, scarecrow, scarf, scissors)
- sk blend (skateboard, skunk, skeleton, skyscraper)
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Plus, don’t miss all our other blends activities and over 300,000+ pages of our 1st grade worksheets and 1st grade activities, plus over 1million free worksheets for kids of all ages!
Download Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply