First grade students will have fun practicing reading n blends in sentences with these super cute, free Blends Worksheets. For this ending blends activity students will simply read the ng, nk, nd, and nt blends and color the picture that demonstrates what you just read. Simply download the pdf file with the n blends worksheets and you are ready to read and color with your 1st grader.
Are your grade 1 students ready to practice reading blends? After spelling blend words, practice reading them and finding them on a page, it is time to read them in context. (In case you missed what is an ending blend or our fun, hands on practice with n blends – make sure you take a peak) These free blend worksheets are such a fun and easy way for kids to improve phonics skills. Plus we love no-prep free phonics worksheets for sneaking in practice any time we get the chance. We love using free 1st grade printables to make learning fun!
Often times this is the hardest part for my little girl. Remembering the sounds the vowels make while reading them with other CVC words, can be quite challenging. So It is always great to practice them with sentences that are in large print, and working through just one sentence at a time. There will be a time to read them in a story, but for us, we need baby steps. SO I created these Read and Color blends pages.
They are written with large print, she can focus on one sentence at a time, and there is also some fun fine motor practice!
Free blends worksheets
n Blends Worksheets
These worksheets require no prep-work and are a great way for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to give their grade 1 students the practice with ending blends they need to master the phonics skill and improve their reading! These ending blends worksheets are in blackline to save you on printer ink costs!).
Now grab some crayons, markers, or colored pencils and you are ready to color and read!
Before jumping in to the blend activity, many children can not just jump into blends. They need to practice spelling them, reading just the word, and listening to the sounds the blends make.
If you are looking for words to spell, you may want to check out (link to the first submission) this post. It will give you a list of “N” blends to spell, and give your kiddos the chance to read just the word. Or you can give it a try digitally.
And depending on the level of your reader, you may want to review these sight words too!!!
I, can, like, have, a, is, the, will, want.
1st Grade Worksheets
Now it is time to read. If you have a reader that reading just come naturally to them….let them at it.
But if your reader needs help, I’m sure you know the drill. Helping them point to the words they are reading, and supporting them when they forget a letter sound is crucial to helping them be successful.
And once they read the sentence, they get to color in the picture that matches the sentence. Fun, Fun!!!
Enjoy this simple read and color activity that is a stepping stone to reading N blends in stories.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Plus, don’t miss all our other blends activities and over 300,000+ pages of our 1st grade worksheets and 1st grade activities, plus over 1million free worksheets for kids of all ages!
Download Ending Blends Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply