Many times our kiddos need to hear words and play with the sounds before we can expect them to read them. These free printable ending blends worksheets allow children listening to words with N blends before they are expected to read or spell them. These first grade worksheets us bingo dauber markers to make them extra fun. Simply print ng and nk worksheets pdf fie with do a dot printables and you are ready to work on phonics skills with kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade students.
Ending Blends Worksheets
Don’t you love simple, low- prep activities? I sure do. These print and go free ending blends worksheets are such a fun way for grade 1 students to practice nd, nk, nt, and mp blends at the end of words. Plus, since these are do a dot worksheets, students will get to use kid-favorite dot markers to complete them. These are handy free printable worksheets for grade 1, grade 2, and kindergartners.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these handy ng and nk word endings worksheets allow students to work on phonics so they can read and spell with better fluency. Use these as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
ng and nk worksheets
Do a Dot Printables
These final consonant blends worksheets are very simple to use, but I highly suggest doing it with your children…..at least the first time through. After you’ve printed the black and white worksheets pages you want to work on, point to the picture and say the word it represents. Next, have the child dot the picture with a bingo markers if it has the ending that is shown in the middle of the page.
We’ve included the following final consonant clusters worksheets for your child to practice:
- ND Blends Worksheet – stand, pond, hand, wind, bend, land, wand
- NK Blends Worksheet – bank, drink, monk, stink, think, wink, sink
- NT Blends Worksheet – point, ant, cent, plant, bent, hunt, tent
- MP Blends worksheet – lamp, stamp, stump, jump, hump, plump, camp
First Grade Worksheets
If your child is struggling to figure this out, you can try a few things.
- Before each word, have your little one say the blend they are listening for.
- Then, clearly break the word into sounds and emphasize the last sound. ( l- a- MP)
- Now, have them say the last sound that they heard….the one you said loudly.
- Finally, ask, “Is that the “mp” sound?”
Practice Speech with Ending N Blends:
Speech and literacy go hand in hand.
A Speech-Language Pathologists wrote, ” Kids who have trouble accurately producing speech sounds often have problems connecting letters to their sounds, which can cause problems sounding out words when reading and writing.” “Learning About Literacy: SLPs Play Key Role in Reading, Writing” (https://leader.pubs.asha.org/article.aspx?articleid=2292588)
I know for my little girl with special needs, this is incredibly accurate. Blends are often very hard for some of our littles to pronounce. If you happen to have a child that is struggling to pronounce these fun N Blends, then this sheet can also be used as speech practice. Once again, start by saying the word the picture represents, and then have your child repeat it.
You may want to make sure that your child is looking at your lips and tongue as you say it slowly. This can help them learn how to move their mouth. And if you are not sure you are saying it correctly, there are great apps that will allow the children to see another adult pronouncing the word.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
ng and nk word endings worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply