This Valentines Day Parts of Speech Sort is such a fun grammar activity for February! Students in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade will sort the cute Valentine envelopes into the correct mail box based on the part of speach depicted in the cute valentine clipart. This valentines day activities and Valentines day worksheets combine for an educational addition to your Valentines Day theme. SImply print pdf file with valentines printables to practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives while having fun.
Valentines Day Activities
This valentines day activity is such a fun, educational ativity to help kids in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives. In this valentine printable, students will sort the pink and red envelopes into the correct mailbox by their February themed pictures. This is great for elementary age kids to make learning fun! I just love hands-on activities so much more than valentine’s day parts of speech worksheet!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Valentine’s day elementary school activities
Start out by printing out all the pieces in the set, or just the parts you need to practice the parts of speech you are working on.
Then laminate the pieces for durability.
Valentines Day Activity
The mailboxes are the only part that is two sided. If you choose to print them two sided it allows for this fun parts of speech activity to be self correcting. After kids sort the mail, they can turn over the mailbox and confirm they have put mail from each of the images pictures by the mailbox.
Fun valentines day ideas
Students will set out their three mailboxes. Then, one-at-a-time, they will look at the Valentine envelopes and decide if it pictures a noun, verb, or adjective. Finally, they will set the mail on the mailbox.
Again, when they finish the activity, it is self-correcting making it a great language arts center for elementary age kids.
Valentines Day Theme
This activity is such a fun, hands on activity that helps kids learn while having Valentines Day themed fun in February!
- Valentines Day Nouns – bear, card, chocolate, candybox, dress, envelope, gift, cupcake, necklace, heart candy, rose, hershey kiss
- Valentine’s Day Verbs – talking, dreaming, sharing, giving, opening, making, kisisng, hugging, eating, dancing, blushing
- Valentines Day Themed Adjectives – huge, cuddly, cute, colorful, red, tasty, soft, shy, pretty, pink
Finally, kids can write down the words from the sorted Valentines on the black and white Valentines Day Parts of Speech Worksheet.
Valentines Day Alphabet
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentines Day Math – fun heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Free Valentines Day Math Activities with conversation hearts – includes free printables to work on fractions, graphing, and more!
- Valentines Day – Greather Than Activity using valentines day candy!
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
Grammar Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Minion Contractions Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Synonym Puzzle Printable Synonyms Activity for Kids
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Valentines Day Printable Parts of Speech Mail Sorting
- Printable Homograph Games using Printable Homograph Puzzles Activity
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Common and Proper Noun Sort Printable
- Apple Cut and Paste Nouns and verbs worksheets
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Sentences Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Dictionary Detective Printable Worksheets
- Free spelling dictionary for elementary age students
- Ice Cream Word Endings Sorting Activity
- Pizza Sentence Building Games
- Connect 4 spelling practice worksheets (works with any spelling word list)
- Free Book Report Template – works with any book, for elementary age students
Valentines Day Printables
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers & coops please purchase a license from our TPT Store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!