This Valentines Day Parts of Speech Sort is such a fun grammar activity for February! Students in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade will sort the cute Valentine envelopes into the correct mail box based on the part of speach depicted in the cute valentine clipart. This valentines day activities and Valentines day worksheets combine for an educational addition to your Valentines Day theme. SImply print pdf file with valentines printables to practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives while having fun.
Valentines Day Activities
This valentines day activity is such a fun, educational ativity to help kids in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives. In this valentine printable, students will sort the pink and red envelopes into the correct mailbox by their February themed pictures. This is great for elementary age kids to make learning fun! I just love hands-on activities so much more than valentine’s day parts of speech worksheet!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Valentine’s day elementary school activities
Start out by printing out all the pieces in the set, or just the parts you need to practice the parts of speech you are working on.
Then laminate the pieces for durability.
Valentines Day Activity
The mailboxes are the only part that is two sided. If you choose to print them two sided it allows for this fun parts of speech activity to be self correcting. After kids sort the mail, they can turn over the mailbox and confirm they have put mail from each of the images pictures by the mailbox.
Fun valentines day ideas
Students will set out their three mailboxes. Then, one-at-a-time, they will look at the Valentine envelopes and decide if it pictures a noun, verb, or adjective. Finally, they will set the mail on the mailbox.
Again, when they finish the activity, it is self-correcting making it a great language arts center for elementary age kids.
Valentines Day Theme
This activity is such a fun, hands on activity that helps kids learn while having Valentines Day themed fun in February!
- Valentines Day Nouns – bear, card, chocolate, candybox, dress, envelope, gift, cupcake, necklace, heart candy, rose, hershey kiss
- Valentine’s Day Verbs – talking, dreaming, sharing, giving, opening, making, kisisng, hugging, eating, dancing, blushing
- Valentines Day Themed Adjectives – huge, cuddly, cute, colorful, red, tasty, soft, shy, pretty, pink
Finally, kids can write down the words from the sorted Valentines on the black and white Valentines Day Parts of Speech Worksheet.
Valentines Day Printables
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – “mail” upper and lowercase matching letters
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets cookie jars, ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten, H is for Heart letter h worksheets
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – letter alphabet book, Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – heart cookies, cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers, and Valentines Alphabet game – letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearts with our free printable alphabet Valentines Day activities for preschoolers, counting to 20 Valentines Day Worksheets, or Valentines Day Math Activities -fractions/graphing/more, Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids working on color recognition and Valentine matching game printable to work on number sense, Valentines Day Math word problems
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards, Valentines Day Math Clip Cards numbers 11-20, chocolate shape Preschool valentine games, and Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers, Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities, and Valentines Day Math heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten and sight word Valentines Day Game
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards, free Valentines Day – Greather Than, and counting to 20 mail in this February activities for preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day, I spy Valentine Worksheet, free Pencil Valentine Printable, Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine, free Valentine coloring pages for preschool, printable Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets
- Sunday school valentine crafts about the ten commandments and simple Valentines day coloring pages pdf
- Grab these super cute valentine’s day coupons for your spouds or kids!
- Our kids favorite tradition! Grab these FREE printable Valentine Hearts on Bedroom Door to leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks or straw Valentine STEM activities
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe, purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers, or Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
- EASY baloon Science Valentines, Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment, make salt crystal hearts Valentines Day Experiment, simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk, Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers, and Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids, Valentines Day Crafts for Kids, fun February Activities and 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Beautiful Matisse heart Valentines Art Projects, fingerprint heart tree Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers, bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft, and Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers, simple Valentines Day Countdown, heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas, and simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
Parts of Speech Activities
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Fun Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Free Parts of Speech Worksheets with Answers pdf
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Pirate Parts of Speech Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Parts of Speech Snowman Worksheets
Valentines Day Printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.