This Valentines Day Parts of Speech Sort is such a fun grammar activity for February! Students in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade will sort the cute Valentine envelopes into the correct mail box based on the part of speach depicted in the cute valentine clipart. This is valentine’s day elementary school activities and Valentine’s day worksheets combined for your Valentines Day theme. SImply download pdf file with valentines printables to practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives while having fun.
Parts of Speech Valentine Mail Sorting
This valentines day activity is such a fun, educational ativity to help kids in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 practice identifying nouns, verbs, and adjectives. In this valentine printable, students will sort the pink and red envelopes into the correct mailbox by their February themed pictures. This is great for elementary age kids to make learning fun! I just love hands-on activities so much more than valentine’s day parts of speech worksheet!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Valentine’s day elementary school activities
Start out by printing out all the pieces in the download, or just the parts you need to practice the parts of speech you are working on.
Then laminate the pieces for durability.
The mailboxes are the only part that is two sided. If you choose to print them two sided it allows for this fun parts of speech activity to be self correcting. After kids sort the mail, they can turn over the mailbox and confirm they have put mail from each of the images pictures by the mailbox.
Valentines day activities
Students will set out their three mailboxes. Then, one-at-a-time, they will look at the Valentine envelopes and decide if it pictures a noun, verb, or adjective. Finally, they will set the mail on the mailbox.
Again, when they finish the activity, it is self-correcting making it a great language arts center for elementary age kids.
This activity is such a fun, hands on activity that helps kids learn while having Valentines Day themed fun in February!
- Valentines Day Nouns – bear, card, chocolate, candybox, dress, envelope, gift, cupcake, necklace, heart candy, rose, hershey kiss
- Valentine’s Day Verbs – talking, dreaming, sharing, giving, opening, making, kisisng, hugging, eating, dancing, blushing
- Valentines Day Themed Adjectives – huge, cuddly, cute, colorful, red, tasty, soft, shy, pretty, pink
Finally, kids can write down the words from the sorted Valentines on the black and white Valentines Day Parts of Speech Worksheet.
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- February Writing Prompts
- Letter WRiting for Kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentines Day Tracing Pages – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Grammar Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun grammer printable games and activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Solve It! Parts of speech games printable
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Minion Contractions Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Marshmallow Incident Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Paint Gun parts of speech game
- Fun and FREE Parts of Speech BINGO
- Scarecrow Printable Pronoun Games
- Free Noun Verb Food Sorting Activity
- Synonym Puzzle Printable Synonyms Activity for Kids
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Free Taboo Grammar Games for kids
- Going on a Noun Hunt – noun scavenger hunt
- Easter Parts of Speech Game
- Valentines Day Printable Parts of Speech Mail Sorting
- Printable Homograph Games using Printable Homograph Puzzles Activity
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Common and Proper Noun Sort Printable
- Apple Cut and Paste Nouns and verbs worksheets
- 22 Fun Grammar Picture Books for Kids
- Pre-Primer Sight Word Sentences Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Dictionary Detective Printable Worksheets
- Free spelling dictionary for elementary age students
- Ice Cream Word Endings Sorting Activity
- Pizza Sentence Building Games
- Connect 4 spelling practice worksheets (works with any spelling word list)
- Free Book Report Template – works with any book, for elementary age students
Download Parts of Speech Valentine Mail Sorting
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers & coops please purchase a license from our TPT Store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!