Young learners will have fun learning their colors and working on color recognition and colors words with this free preschool color book printable.
Our world is filled with beautiful colors! From green grass, to blue skies and ocean, bright yellow sun, red berries on trees, brown tree trunk, puffy white clouds, purple tulips, and pretty pink sunsets – we live in a beautiful world. Toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, and kindergartners go from appreciating the variety of colors to working on color recognition – what is the name of each of those colors, what does it look like, can I find another object of the same color, and what is that color called.
This super cute Preschool Color Book Printable is a fun, engaging, NO PREP, and easy way to teach colors to kids!
Preschool Color Book Printable
Now stack the pages up with the book cover on the top right and fold the pages in half to make a book with the My Color Book page on the top.
Color Book for Preschool
In the color book toddlers, Preschoolers, prek, and kindergarteners will learn about 11 colors, color words, and practice coloring a picture in the correct color
First, have children practice writing their name on the cover to show that this is their printable book. Young children who are still learning their names should write (or have written for them) their names on everything so they can work on name recognition, spelling of their name, and ultimately how to write and spell their own name.
Now, turn the page. Each page has a cute and colorful crayon border. Your student should draw a picture of something that is that colors. For an example:
- yellow – duck, sun, flower, bus, bee, banana, sunflower, lemon, pepper
- orange – goldfish, orange, carrot, pumpkin, safety cone
- red – heart, apple, rose, tomato, strawberry, ladybug, crab
- green – pear, dollar, grass, frog, clover, pea, cactus
- blue – sky, blueberry, jeans, bird
- purple – grapes, plum, eggplant, dress
- black – bat, ant, tire, camera, cat
- white – bunny, cloud, snowflake, milk, polar pear, igloo
- gray – koala, elephant, mouse, whale, robot
- pink – pig, ballet slippers, flowers, flamingo, donut
- brown – squirrel, pants, chocolate, bag, football, monkey
Finally have your child trace the color word at the bottom of the page. Turn to the next page and it’s time to repeat! You can use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or your favorite art supply to fill in the pages of your my colour book.
- Learning Colors with Goodnight Gorilla
- Chameleon Colors Themed Worksheets
- Mouse Paint Themed Worksheets
- Learning Colors Worksheets
- Super cute Printable Colors Craft
See all of our color activities for kids
My Color Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from ClipArtopia
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!