Your kiddo is going to love this epic tangled party perfect for your little princess as a perfect birthday party theme for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade children! Whether their favorite is Rapunzel, Flynn, Maximus, or Pascall they will love the cute decorations, Tangled party games, and epic homemade cake!
I love throwing big birthday parties for my kids every year; it is a labor of love! No matter how old they get, they seem to love the personal touch, the fun games, themed food, and decorations that make celebrating their birthday extra special! And we all know that kids grow up waaaaay to fast, so I want to enjoy each moment, each birthday I have with them living under my roof! This year I decided to throw a Tangled Party since my daughter loves Rapunzel. She has long pretty blonde hair and she is wanting to grow it as long as this sassy, sweet, and kind Disney Princess.
So if you are looking for ideas to throw a princess party or just enjoy seeing ideas for a Disney family fun night – I have lots of fun ideas to inspire your own Rapunzel party.
Like many girls, Minnie is a HUGE Rapunzel fan! She has been so excited to have a Tangled Birthday Party for her 5th birthday. Here is what we did for our tangled princess birthday party: cake, decorating ideas, games, and more!
Tangled Birthday Cake
I have to say the cake was the trickiest I’ve ever made! The reason it was so difficult was the weight of the tower. I started out making a rice krispie tower (covered with fondant), but it was too heavy and fell over – leaving me with a hole in my cake! I should have taken a picture so you know those kind of disasters happen to all of us, but I was so frustrated at that moment I wasn’t thinking about that.
The finished cake is 6.5” round cake on top of a 8.5” round cake on top of a round cardboard cake platter. I frosted the entire base with green butter cream frosting.
Homemade Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter – I use Target brand salted at room temperature
- 2 cups Crisco (I use the blue box)
- 1/2 teas salt
- 1 teas butter flavoring (in a jar by vanilla)
- 1 teas pure vanilla (not imitation – Wilton sells clear vanilla great for a pure white cake)
- 1/2 teas almond extract (in bottle by vanilla – this gives it that wonderful “ooh what’s that flavor”
- 2lb bag powdered sugar
- 1 TAB meringue powder – this makes it fluffy & great to decorate cakes
- 1-2 TAB milk (as needed to achieve desired consistency
The flower, leaves, hair, tower covering, roof shingles, etc. are all edible & delicious! I used Marshmallow Fondant. The tower was from this set & I added fondant to alter the shape, and to cover the tower & ice cream cone roof.
Homemade Marshmallow Fondant Recipe
- 1 regular size mini marshmallows (12-16 oz)
- 2 lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 2-3 Tab water
In microwave safe bowl melt marshmallows & 2 Tab water for 1 minute; stir. Continue 30 seconds at a time stirring until it is completely melted (about 2 1/2 minutes)
Add powdered sugar & stir. Use Crisco to GENEROUSLY grease counter & hands (take off any jewelry). Knead fondant dough until it is smooth (adding 1-2 TAB more water if needed). Feel free to use the entire 1/2 cup of Crisco, but no more. After 5-8 minutes you can add food coloring as needed and wrap in plastic wrap. You can use immediately or keep wrapped for 7-10 days. When ready to use you can microwave it for 5-10 seconds to get it pliable again. When making flowers allow them to harden before placing on the cake.
Tangled Birthday Party
Tangled Birthday Party Decorations
The party room had simple DIY flags strong across the room. In the middle I had 9 DIY lanterns hanging up. I used 2 pieces of yellow printing paper to make the lanterns. The square ones (folding horizontally) were our favorite. I hole punched the top for the string and hung a glow stick across the string to light them up. It was so beautiful!
We turned the dinning room into The Snuggly Duckling with this super cute DIY sign on the doorway. The table had a simple white table cloth and some cardstock duckies on the table announcing the daily specials.
Rapunzel Birthday Party Food
The little guests were just served cake & Lemonade punch as the party was strategically from 3-4:30pm. For the family, we served dinner including – Tangled up Pasta (with tomato & Fettuccini sauce), Berry Spinach Salad, and homemade Braided Bread. It was simple, cheap, and DELICIOUS!
Tangled Party Games
We played lots of fun Tangled themed party games.
Maximus’ Apple Picking Game
First off we played Maximus’ Apple Picking Game. The kids got to pop balloons. Inside the balloons there was a sticker per guest (9). The stickers I made using this nifty machine had a Tangled Picture & number and were to tell us what activity we were doing next. The kids loved being part of deciding what came next!
Tall Tangled Up Crepe Paper Game
All Tangled UP! The kids got all tangled up in yellow crepe paper “hair”. Originally they were in groups to tangle up, but at the end we tangled the tangled groups up all together. The kids thought it was GREAT!
Tangled Frying Pan Balloon Bop Game
The kids followed directions to find their own frying pans (simple DIY using black paper plate & black plastic spoon with tape). Then they found their “lanterns: (balloons with glow sticks inside). Then they played a game – help Rapunzel & Flynn keep the lanterns floating in the air! The kids LOVED the frying pans & this was a lot of fun for them to get out some energy.
DIY Tangled Pinata Party Game
The last activity was a recycled pinata! We had a pinata from an earlier party that hadn’t burst so I attached a Flynn Rider Wanted Poster (find one in Tangled Preschool Pack) and tada – free pinata! The kids used a frying pan to hit it! This was loads of fun. I had bags of party trinkets for each kid in the pinata – made it way easier when it actually burst open! Plus then I used some boy stuff for the boys in stead of tangled brushes & what-not!
Tangled Birthday Party Craft
Rapunzel Birthday Party Favors
Finally, before they left I sent them home with some braided homemade playdough. I used this simple no-fail recipe here and tinted the yellow hair with lemon flavoring & added glitter. I used a packet of grape playdough to make the flowers smell like grapes. It was a huge hit and so simple to make!
Looking for more fun, free princess worksheets to practice math, sight words, alphabet letters, and more? You will love these resources! Plus don’t miss all our Disney Printables!
- Free Princess Printables (ages 3-7)
- Disney Princess Sight Words Readers (Toddler – 2nd Grade)
- Frozen Preschool Worksheets ages 3-7
- Tangled Worksheets Pack (ages 3-7)
- Disney Princess Calendar 2020 (updated each year)
- Princess Spelling Tests – lots of templates
- Frozen Reward Chart
- Princess Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Princess alphabet Printable
- Disney Princess Alphabet Coloring Pages – wall pennants
- Princess Free Reading Log
- Ariel Color by Sight Word
- Beauty and the Beast Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages A to Z
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Cinderella Color by Letter
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Tangled Gift Ideas
Minnie had an amazing birthday – I can’t believe she is 5! Where does the time go!!!
Make your child birthday (or half birthday) extra special with one of these:
- Free Printable Birthday Hats
- Let everyone give the birthday child a card with our free Printable Birthday Cards
- Ready to plan an epic birthday party your child will remember for a lifetime —> take a peak at our 20+ Birthday Party Ideas. From super hero, pirates, monsters inc, tinkerbell, pets, and more we have ideas for games, DIY decorations, cake decorating, and more! Looking for a fun way to practice counting and writing numbers; your child will love these Free birthday cake printable playdough mats
- 20+ Ways for How to Make a Birthday Special
Birthday Party Themes
- Despicable Me Party
- Dog Birthday Party
- Doc McStuffin Party
- Farm Birthday Party
- Fish Birthday Party
- Frozen Birthday Party
- Monsters Inc Party
- Pirate Party
- Princess Party
- Star Wars Birthday Party
- Science Party
- Super Hero Birthday Party
- Tangled Birthday Party
- Tinker Bell Birthday Party
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets