Kids will go nuts of this microwave puffy paint that allows kids to strengthen hand muscles, explore creativity, and practice making alphabet letters too! This puffy paint recipe is super cool becuase kids draw first then you puffy paint microwave to make the project take on a larger form! So cool! Try this puffy paint ideas is great for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students as a hands-on tactile learning experience too.
Microwave Puffy Paint
Puffy paint recipe
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- food coloring
- water (you want enough water so it is a loose paste)
Puffy paint microwave
Now you are all ready for your child to make some incredible artwork.
Puffy paint ideas
The kids thought it was great fun! We ‘painted’ on cardstock for durability.
When the creation is done just stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds (or a little longer if it is really on their thick).
How to make puffy paint
This is a great way for kids to practice making alphabet letters, their names, numbers, and more.
DIY Puffy Paint
When the paint puffs up it makes a really cool way to help little ones learn how to make letters!
- You can make upper/lower case letters & match have them match them
- Write the letter in pencil & have them trace it in puffy paint
- Spell out their name so they learn how to “build” it and to trace it with their finger
The possibilities are endless! I hope you try it – your kids will LOVE it!
HOmemade Puffy Paint
Favorite Kids Activities
Looking for more fun ideas for kids? You will love this outrageously fun activities for preschoolers and beyond:
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough Recipe
- Pasta Necklace Craft (with how to Dye Pasta)
- Easy and fun-to-make Microwave Puffy Paint
- I Spy Bottles (with how to dye rice)
- Ready to try another slime recipe? This easy slime recipe uses dish soap!
- Homemade Edible Sand – easy to make and fun to play with!
- Melted Pony Bead Craft
- 45 Puffy Paint Recipes and Project ideas for kids
- AMAZING Bubble Painting is process art project perfect for summer
- 28 Name Activities for Kids
- Animal I Spy Printable is fun and a great way to work on visual discrimination
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids is sure to be a hilarious project for the whole family
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano – a fun twist on classic volcano science project using acidity of lemon instead of vinegar as the acid
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW your kids!
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Exploring with Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Make some colorful bubble snakes
- Bold Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Pool Noodle Crafts for Summer
- Free Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Beautiful Baking Soda Clay
- Fun Road Trip Car Games
- How to Grow Crystals