Learning the alphabet is one of the most important academic skills for 4 years olds to learn as it is the foundation for reading. There are many fun and engaging activities to teach your children the alphabet. Check out this list of ABC games for 4-year-olds. They’ll have so much fun playing games; they won’t even realize they are learning new skills!
ABC Games for 4-year-Olds
There are endless ways to teach and practice the alphabet with abc games for 4 year olds. Below are a variety of games, activities, and products that will assist you in teaching your child the joy of letters and letter sounds. Watch as your child’s confidence in letter names and sounds builds while playing these fun and engaging alphabet games for 4 year olds.
Alphabet Games for 4 year olds
Puzzles and matching games are fantastic ways to teach letter identification skills. Kids will have fun identifying letters, matching upper and lower case letters, and pairing letter sounds with associated pictures with these abcgames, alphabet puzzles, letter games for 4 year olds, and matching games.
- Kids will love matching upper and lower case letters with this alphabet puzzle printable.
- This pumpkin pie alphabet matching puzzle is easy to print and prepare for kids to play.
- This printable summer alphabet puzzle gives kids a chance to create a complete picture by matching upper and lower case letters.
- These Popsicle Phonics Alphabet puzzles are perfect for practicing upper and lower case letters with beginning letter sounds.
- Check out these free alphabet puzzle printables for a fun way for letter matching practice.
- This free printable hamburger puzzle is a yummy way to practice letter matching.
- This Easter egg alphabet matching game is a great game kids can play around Easter or throughout the whole year with leftover Easter eggs.
- Use this Birds on a Branch ABC game is great practice for matching lower case and uppercase letters.
- This summer themed ABC game lets kids match shovels and pails with lower and upper case letters.
- Kids will have fun matching letters with this Hop to It letter matching game.
- This fall leaf matching game is great for practicing letter identification in autumn.
- Kids will love dressing up in these printable letter hats to learn letters with matching vocabulary.
- This printable gumball letter matching game is an easy game to prepare for students to practice matching upper and lower case letters.
- Kids will love making PB&J sandwiches by matching letter names and sounds with this Alphabet Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Activity.
- This dinosaur matching game will keep your kids entertained while learning their ABC’s.
Hands-On Alphabet Games
Many young children learn best by touching and manipulating objects while learning. Use these hands-on alphabet games and activities to keep kids engaged while learning valuable letter skills. These free abc games are even great as abc games for 3 year olds.
- This Race and Trace printable alphabet game is a gun way for kids to practice tracing their ABC’s.
- This cloud alphabet letter bin activity is a hands-on activity for kids to discover and identify letters.
- This set of alphabet mazes is a great way for kids to search for letters to encourage letter identification skills.
- This alphabet painting project is a great activity for not only practicing letter writing skills, but also fine motor and art skills.
- Kids can color letter of the week bracelets to learn letters and vocabulary.
- This Alphabet Go Fish game is tons of fun for kids to practice upper and lower case letter identification.
- These printable Star Wars Pennants are fantastic for kids who love Star Wars.
- All you will need are these ABC animal printables and a set of magnetic letters for endless fun practicing letter names and sounds.
- Set up a alphabet scavenger hunt by filling plastic Easter eggs with letter themed items to find.
- Practice fine motor skills and letter formations with this alphabet playdough printable.
Ready-to-Play ABC Games
Sometimes you just need an abc games that is already assembled and ready to play. This list of alphabet games available on Amazon will be both fun and educational for your children as they learn their alphabet and other phonemic awareness skills.
- This ABC Cookies game is a fun way to practice letter names and sounds.
- Check out this cute ABC Go Fish set of cards that will keep kids practicing their ABC’s.
- This magnetic alphabet fishing game is a hands on, fun way for kids to practice identifying letters.
- This Alphabet Soup Sorter game is a great way to teach letter names, sounds and vocabulary.
- These Wikki Stix alphabet cards offer a creative way for kids to trace letters.
- This Smart Snacks Alpha Pops game is great for even the youngest letter learners to enjoy.
- This 52 piece alphabet dinosaur set has endless opportunities for teaching letter names and other valuable language skills.
- These alphabet spinning cubes will keep busy hands engaged while learning letter names and sounds.
Learning the ABC’s is one of the first academic skills children learn. This list of ABC Games for 4 year olds will foster a love for learning in your young learner. The hands-on activities and engaging games will give you endless opportunities for you and your child to have fun while learning the ABC’s.
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!