Kids of all ages will have fun making this fun pom pom Christmas ornament. This easy pom poms craft is perfect for December as your children are getting ready to celebrate the holidays or as a kid made Christmas gift. Toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will love making these Pom Pom ornaments. All you need are a few simple craft supplies and you are ready to make your own easy ornament craft.
Pom Pom Christmas Ornament
We love crafting in December! I am always looking for fun projects for the kids that use things we have laying around the house anyway. This simple, colorful pom pom ornament is a fun Christmas craft for kids. With a little adult help it can be done by Preschool, Kindergarten, and elementary age kids in only 15 minutes.
Pom Pom ornaments
All you need to make this cute Christmas craft with your kiddo are
- a pile of pom poms
- a round Styrofoam ball
- an ornament hook
- a glue gun (to be used with adult supervision)
What Pom Pom’s Work Best
I happen to think medium or large pom poms of various colors that are all the same size will work best.
The small ones are too hard for kids to put on without burning themselves and the different sizes create valleys that need extra pom poms to cover.
Easy Ornament Craft
I like to start by gluing the ornament hook in place that way I have something to hold while working.
A parent can put glue using a hot glue gun on the Styrofoam ball and your child can use tweezers (or their hands if they are careful) to put the pom pom on top of the glue. By using a glue gun it will be stuck almost instantly and you can get them on rather quickly.
The entire project will take about 15 minutes.
Here is the finished project. Pretty, isn’t it? It is a very simple project that makes a beautiful finished ornament that makes a great gift for Grandma or childhood keepsake.
Pom poms craft
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets
- Pom Pom Cupcake Math Activity
- Rainbow Pom Pom Sorting Game for Preschoolers
- Puzzle & Pompom Simple Counting Activities
- Mitten Activities for Toddlers with Pom Poms
- Pom Pom Counting Activity with printable counting mats
- Super cute, FREE Pom Pom Counting Activity
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- How to make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity