This is such a cute Christmas Craft for Kids. Kids will use colorful pom pom(s) to make a beautiful Christmas Ornament Craft.. This is a wonderful craft for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
FREE Christmas Printables for Kids
- Christmas Counting Book
- Cut & Paste Christmas Alphabet Book
- Simple Christmas Tree Number Puzzles
- Shapes Christmas Game
- Color by Sight Words Christmas Coloring Sheets
- Christmas Rhymes Printable
- Free Christmas Mazes
- Cute Christmas Phonics Puzzles
- Free Christmas Tree Math – Roll & Cover
- Solve & Stamp Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Tree Phonics Puzzles
- Roll a Christmas Mr. Potato Head
- Simple Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Fun Christmas Dot-to-Dot Worksheets
- Christmas Cookies Count & Color
Pom Pom Ornament Craft
We love crafting in December! I am always looking for fun projects for the kids that use things we have laying around the house anyway. This simple, colorful pom pom ornament is a fun Christmas craft for kids. With a little adult help it can be done by Preschool, Kindergarten, and elementary age kids in only 15 minutes.
All you need to make this craft with your preschool or elementary age kids is:
- a pile of pom poms
- a round Styrofoam ball
- an ornament hook
- a glue gun (to be used with adult supervision)
What Pom Pom’s Work Best
I happen to think medium or large pom poms of various colors that are all the same size will work best.
The small ones are too hard for kids to put on without burning themselves and the different sizes create valleys that need extra pom poms to cover.
Pom Pom Ornaments
I like to start by gluing the ornament hook in place that way I have something to hold while working.
A parent can put glue using a hot glue gun on the syrofoam ball and your child can use tweezers (or their hands if they are careful) to put the pom pom on top of the glue. By using a glue gun it will be stuck almost instantly and you can get them on rather quickly.
The entire project will take about 15 minutes.
Here is the finished project. Pretty, isn’t it? It is a very simple project that makes a beautiful finished ornament that makes a great gift for Grandma or childhood keepsake.