These amazing, creamy, and utterly delicious peanut butter bars are going to be a huge hit with your kids. They are sort of like a homemade peanut butter cup that is made with real ingredients from your pantry! This peanut butter chocolate bar recipe is outrageously good and so satisfying as an after school snack or decadent dessert to take to a potluck or serve to company.
Peanut Butter Bars
Growing up in Europe I didn’t have all the sweet treats my US counterpart friends had. Perhaps it has changed in the last couple decades, but for the 20 years I lived in Spain, Spanish women really didn’t bake cookies or treats. And at that point they didn’t have candy bars, packaged cookies, chocolate chips, powdered sugar (we went to Gibraltar to buy that) or even cereal until the last several years we were there. With the world getting smaller and smaller I am sure that has changed. But when I was young we couldn’t get reeces peanut butter cups – YIKES! So we learned to make a homemade alternative. Even though I can now get the candy bar, I still love this made from scratch peanut butter bars that taste a lot like that classic treat, but is a little healthier as it uses some good-for-you oats! This peanut butter bar recipe combines the convenience of a cookie, with a delicious peanut butter and chocolate combination that is sure to delight and satisfy both kids and adults alike!
Peanut Butter Bar
All you need to whip up this yummy snack or dessert bars are a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand:
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract 2
- peanut butter
- old fashioned oats
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- salt F
- cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
Peanut butter squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup white granulated sugar and 1 cup packed brown sugar.
Dessert bar recipes
Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, and 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir to combine.
Mix in 2 cups quick cooking oats, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt and mix until well combined.
Oat bars recipe
Spray a 9×13 pan or jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread out the dough in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar
Drop remaining peanut butter (about 1 1/2 cups) by very small spoonfuls (we use a baby spoon) all over on top of warm bars. Let set for about 5-6 minutes.
Once the peanut butter has softened, gently spread the peanut butter eventy. Don’t try to spread it while still thick. Then let the bars cool until peanut butter has set up.
Best Dessert Bars
While cooling, mix together the frosting by mixing 1/2 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder, and 3 cups powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Smooth the chocolate frosting over the bars and spread until even.
Cut into bars and serve.
Peanut Butter Recipes
Aren’t they so pretty! They make such lovely layors and are perfect for a yummy snack, dessert, or potluck dish!
I love that these bars contain oats to balance out the sugars. They also help to keep kids a little more filled and satisfied than most sweet treats.
Plus these taste AMAZING! Such a wonderful explosion of flavor.
What else can I say about these mouth watering, utterly delicious Peanut Butter Bars? Oh yeah, they have a lot of oats so they qualify as healthy, right? (wink)
Amazing peanut butter chocolate bars are going to be a huge hit with your kids, that is if you save them any after you try them!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter softned
- 1 cup granuated white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter divided
- 2 cups quick cooking, old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk I use orgnanic whole
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, creamtogether 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup white granulated sugar and 1 cup packedbrown sugar.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, and 1 cup of the peanutbutter; stir to combine.Mix in 2 cups quick cooking oats, 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoonbaking soda and 1 teaspoon salt and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 9x13 pan or jelly roll pan with nonstick cookingspray and spread out the dough in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes and removefrom oven.
- Drop remaining peanut butter (about 1 1/2 cups) by verysmall spoonful (we use a baby spoon) all over on top of warm bars. Let set forabout 5-6 minutes.
- Once the peanut butter has softened, gently spread thepeanut butter evenly. Don't try to spread it while still thick. Then let thebars cool until peanut butter has set up.
- While cooling, mix together the frosting by mixing 1/2 cupsoftened butter, 1/4 cup milk, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 Tablespoons cocoapowder, and 3 cups powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Smooth the chocolate frosting over the bars and spread until even. Cut into bars and serve.