This loaded potato soup is so good! This baked potato soup recipe combines potaotes, bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and more for an outragously yummy soup recipe everyone will look forward to! This is seriously the best loaded baked potato soup; everyone wants the recipe – and now you have it! Enjoy!
Loaded Potato Soup
When the weather gets chilly I love having a warm bowl of soup for lunch or dinner. There is just something about a chunky soup recipe that warms you up, fills you up, and leaves you so satisfied. One of our families favorite homemade soup recipes is our loaded potato soup. This baked potato soup is filled with real ingredients that are put together in just the right way to make a creamy, flavorful, and hearty loaded baked potato soup. This baked potato soup recipe is super easy and will be ready in under 30 minutes – perfect for busy school days! You are going to love this soup recipe for kids!
Baked potato soup
All you need to make this best soups recipe are a few simple ingredients you probably already have on hand in your kitchen:
- all purpose flour
- potatoes, baked & cubed
- green onions, sliced
- bacon, cooked & crumbled
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
If you haven’t already, make sure you do the prep stuff – you need 4-6 large potatoes peel, baked, and cubed. I just make extra when we are making baked potatoes, my famous loaded potato salad, or my classic twice baked potatoes. You can also just peel, cube, and cook in boiling water for about 15 minutes.
At the same point, make sure you cook and crumble 10 slices of bacon. Again, I just make extra while I’m at it to toss in to another dish I’m making like our family-favorite broccoli cauliflower salad.
Baked potato soup recipe
In a large stockpot, over low heat, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in 2/3 cup all-purpose flour. Whisk and toast over medium heat until lightly brown and smells aromatic, about 1-2 minutes.
Loaded potato soup recipe
Gradually add 7 cups of milk (we use organic whole milk). Make sure you are stirring constantly so no lumps form. Continue stirring and heating until sauce has thickened.
Loaded baked potato soup recipe
Stir in cubed, baked potatoes and 4 sliced green onions. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until soup begins to bubble.
Reduce heat and simmer the soup gently for 10 minutes. The potaotes will soak up the liquid and the soup will continue to thicken.
Easy baked potato soup
Add in 1 cup sour cream (I prefer to use the full fat Daisy source cream), 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
Easy loaded baked potato soup
Granish with additional cheese, bacon, green onions, or chives if desired. Serve baked potato soup immediately.
Best baked potato soup
This soup is SO MUCH BETTER than canned or store bought potato soup! Each ladel full is teaming with creamy, cheesy, and flavorful soup filled with soft chunks of actual potatoes, bacon, green onions, and cheese. YUMMY!
I like to serve it up in oversize mugs or large bowls.
Best loaded baked potato soup
This is always my most requested soup not only by my kids, but by company, church potlucks, or when I take a meal to a new mother. It isn’t just soup – it is gourmet soup that is delicious and filling too!
Homemade Soup Recipes
We NEVER have leftovers, but if you do, make sure to refrigerate them. I suggest reheating any leftovers on the stovetop covered over medium-low heat so you don’t burn the cheese.
Best Soup Recipes
Everyone always asks for this easy soup recipe – it is the BEST! This loaded baked potato soup is so good with potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and more!
- Easy Traditional Black Bean Soup Recipe
- Family Favorite Loaded Potato Soup
- Leftover Hambone Soup Recipe
- Delicious Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili for Fall
- Instapot Corn Chowder Recipe
- Go to Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best Ever Bacon Tomato Soup
- Don’t miss our Amazing Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Soup
- Yummy Chicken Taco Soup with Rotisserie Chicken meat
- Tastes like fall Early Fall Soup with sausage, apples, and cider
Recipes EVERYONE Asks For
- Grandma’s Homemade Crescent Rolls, Maple Orange Glazed Christmas Ham Recipe
- Yummy Peanut Butter Bars nutella chocolate cupcakes, or caramel popcorn topped homemade cupcakes
- Easy Black Bean Soup, Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheel Cookies, and Grandpa’s Favorite Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Apple Hand Pie Dough Recipe with Carmel Dipm Must try Sweet Chili Recipe, and delicious spanish rice
- Peach Ice Cream Recipe, favorite Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip, better than Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- Pepperoni Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch, fresh Lemon Blueberry Dessert Recipes, and My Favorite Oriental Coleslaw
- Easy Pumpkin Fall Dessert Recipes, Homemade Carmel Baked Popcorn, Apple and Sausage Early Fall Soup
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies or Holiday Shake Eggnog Recipe
- Seriously the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe, just like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, or PB and Jelly cupcakes
- Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad or Kid favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Easy
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Easy with streusal and golden marshmallows on top
- Out-of-this-World Lemonade Cake and Broccoli and Cauliflower Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
- Mom’s Loaded Potato Salad Recipe, Impress with this Summer Strawberry Dessert
- Delicious Pineapple Pico de Gallo Chip Salsa or Yummy Pear Beat Goat Cheese Salad
- Our Families GO-TO Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes, Light and Satisfying Ham Pasta Recipes
- See all of our best dessert recipes here
EASY Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 xup all purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4-6 large potoates peeled, cubed, cooked
- 4 green onions sliced
- 10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teapoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large stockpot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour;; whisk over medium heat until lightly browned and aromatic. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Add cooked, cubed potatoes and sliced onions. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble. Now reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt & pepper. Stir and continue cooking until cheese is completly melted.
- Top with additional bacon, cheese, chives, or green onions as a garnish. Serve baked potato soup immediately