This Apple Soup Recipe will be a favorite fall recipe the whole family will love! The savory sausage and sweet apple blend together perfectly for a fall recipe you will love. This is my favorite soup recipe! It has such a wonderful flavor and is such an easy soup recipe to make. I know you will love this Apple Soup Recipe!
Apple Soup Recipe
This Apple Soup Recipe is a recipe my family waits for all year long – we LOVE it! It is delicious, unique, hearty, and seriously yummy!! There is something about the combination of sausage, cider, allspice, and apples that just makes my taste buds dance! Try it and this autumn soup recipe may just become one of your families favorite for Fall too!
I love fall – the beautiful falling leaves, cooling weather, and visiting local farms to pick apples or go to the pumpkin patch. Whether it is September, October, or November -my family loves this easy soup recipe we make every fall. It tastes like fall in a bowl!
Autumn Soup Recipe
In a large stock pot heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook 1 pound of sausage until it is cooked through – about 5-7 minutes. You can cut up link sausage or break apart ground sausage like we usually do.
While it is cooking chop up the onion, carrots, and celery into bit size pieces. After the sausage is cooked through, add the vegetables to the fall soup.
- 1 onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 3-4 stalks celery
Early Autumn Soup Recipe
Continue cooking over medium high heat 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender. Now, add the seasonsing:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teas allspice
Continue cooking over medium heat as you pour in the 2 quarts of Apple Cider. If you can’t find any apple cider, apple juice will work too, it just doesn’t have quite as deep of a flavor.
Note: If you want to stretch the cider (or if you are trying to cut down on sugar) you can use 1/2 apple cider and half chicken broth; it will give you a slightly more mild flavor.
Autumn Soup Recipes
Now core and chop 3-4 apples. We prefer to use a hard apples like Red apples, Jazz apples, McIntosh apples, or Gala apples. Many times we just use whatever apple we picked at the farm when we went apple picking!
As your mixture continues to cook until the apples are slightly softened, but not mushy, you will add 5 ounces of craisins (dried cranberries) and cook over medium-high heat for an additional 10 minutes to blend flavor thoroughly.
NOTE: The cranberries will start to rehydrate when cooking in all the juices.
Your soup is ready to serve! This autumn soup has the most AMAZING flavor! The mix of sausage and apples is the perfect fall flavor that will satisfy everyone in your family! We like to serve it with a slice of crusty bread for dipping and soaking up the delicious apple juice and sausage broth – yum!
This soup is just as good for leftovers the next lunch!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Early Autumn Soup Recipe
- 1 lb sausage - link or ground (we like zesty)
- 2 quarts apple cider (juice will do in a pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup carrots, cut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 3-4 medium apples (like McIntosh, Jazz, Gala), cut
- 4 stocks celery, cut
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Cook sausage in large pot in olive oil.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, thyme, and salt & pepper and cook until they begin to tenderize, 4-6 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients: apples, allspice, apple cider, and craisin. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Pull out bay leaf & serve with bread for dipping.