This Apple Soup Recipe will be a favorite fall recipe the whole family will love! The savory sausage and sweet apple blend together perfectly for a fall recipe you will love. This is my favorite soup recipe! It has such a wonderful flavor and is such an easy soup recipe to make. I know you will love this Apple Soup Recipe!
Apple Soup Recipe
This Apple Soup Recipe is a recipe my family waits for all year long – we LOVE it! It is delicious, unique, hearty, and seriously yummy!! There is something about the combination of sausage, cider, allspice, and apples that just makes my taste buds dance! Try it and this autumn soup recipe may just become one of your families favorite for Fall too!
I love fall – the beautiful falling leaves, cooling weather, and visiting local farms to pick apples or go to the pumpkin patch. Whether it is September, October, or November -my family loves this easy soup recipe we make every fall. It tastes like fall in a bowl!
Autumn Soup Recipe
In a large stock pot heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook 1 pound of sausage until it is cooked through – about 5-7 minutes. You can cut up link sausage or break apart ground sausage like we usually do.
While it is cooking chop up the onion, carrots, and celery into bit size pieces. After the sausage is cooked through, add the vegetables to the fall soup.
- 1 onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 3-4 stalks celery
Early Autumn Soup Recipe
Continue cooking over medium high heat 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender. Now, add the seasonsing:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teas allspice
Continue cooking over medium heat as you pour in the 2 quarts of Apple Cider. If you can’t find any apple cider, apple juice will work too, it just doesn’t have quite as deep of a flavor.
Note: If you want to stretch the cider (or if you are trying to cut down on sugar) you can use 1/2 apple cider and half chicken broth; it will give you a slightly more mild flavor.
Autumn Soup Recipes
Now core and chop 3-4 apples. We prefer to use a hard apples like Red apples, Jazz apples, McIntosh apples, or Gala apples. Many times we just use whatever apple we picked at the farm when we went apple picking!
As your mixture continues to cook until the apples are slightly softened, but not mushy, you will add 5 ounces of craisins (dried cranberries) and cook over medium-high heat for an additional 10 minutes to blend flavor thoroughly.
NOTE: The cranberries will start to rehydrate when cooking in all the juices.
Your soup is ready to serve! This autumn soup has the most AMAZING flavor! The mix of sausage and apples is the perfect fall flavor that will satisfy everyone in your family! We like to serve it with a slice of crusty bread for dipping and soaking up the delicious apple juice and sausage broth – yum!
This soup is just as good for leftovers the next lunch!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Early Autumn Soup Recipe
- 1 lb sausage - link or ground (we like zesty)
- 2 quarts apple cider (juice will do in a pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup carrots, cut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 3-4 medium apples (like McIntosh, Jazz, Gala), cut
- 4 stocks celery, cut
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Cook sausage in large pot in olive oil.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, thyme, and salt & pepper and cook until they begin to tenderize, 4-6 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients: apples, allspice, apple cider, and craisin. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Pull out bay leaf & serve with bread for dipping.