This is my families new favorite roast recipe. The Crockpot does all the work, the meat comes out so tender it just falls apart, and the flavorful subtle BBQ flavor are a perfect match for the roast. Try it once and I know this will become one of your favorite Crockpot Recipes too!
More Family Favorite Recipes
- Crockpot BBQ Sandwiches
- FREE Monthly Family Meal Plan (includes plan, recipes, and printable weekly grocery list!)
- Homemade Tortillas (easy to make and so good!)
- Best Brownies EVER!
- Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- Sweet Chili – YUM!
- Family Favorite Lemon Bar Recipe
- Best Ever Tomato Soup
- Mini Mac & Cheese Pies
- Homemade Taco Pizza (our families favorite!)
- More Crock Pot Recipes
Mix the Roast Rub
In a small bowl mix together the following:
- 1 teas Chili Powder
- 1 teas Parsley
- 1/2 teas Cumin powder
- 1/2 teas Salt
- 1/2 teas Black Pepper
- 1/2 teas Cayenne Pepper
Rub the seasoning into a 2+ pound beef chuck roast on both sides. This is going to really add some amazing flavor! Now put it in your Crockpot. (If you need a suggestions for a fantastic Crockpot – here is the one we have and love.)
Top with homemade mild BBQ Sauce
In a small mixing bowl mix together the following:
- 16 oz can Diced tomatoes (we used with garlic & oregano)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TAB vinegar
- 2 TAB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TAB corn starch
- 1/2 teas ground mustard
- 1/2 teas garlic powder
Pour the mild BBQ sauce over the top of your roast.
Let your Crockpot do the Work
Now let your Crockpot do all the work while you go about your busy day. It will need about 5 hours on high or 10-11 hours on low. It will not only smell amazing cooking, but will be the most succulent, flavorful roast you’ve ever tasted!
Confetti Couscous Side
You can sever your Super Tender BBQ Roast with mashed potatoes, rice, buttered potatoes, or anything else that moves you. Personally, I love serving it with Confetti Couscous – YUM! Not only does it go great with the roast, but it is ready in only 5 minutes.
You need 1/2 red pepper finely chopped, 1 cup (thawed or canned) corn, and a box Cous Cous (I prefer to use Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil)
Note: If you like a little kick, add 1/2 jalapeno pepper for even more color and flavor!
Bring 1 1/2 cup water, 2 TAB extra virgin Olive Oil, seasoning packet, chopped pepper, and corn to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. 5 minutes later fluff with a fork and serve.
Serve Best Ever Crockpot Roast
I like to serve the best ever Crockpot roast on top of a bead of the confetti couscous. Garnish with basil if you like. This is so delicious!
Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Crock Post or Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds chuck roast, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 oz diced tomatoes can I use the one with garlic and oregano
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix the chili powder, parsley, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne together in a small bowl. Rub into the thawed, patted dry roast. Put the roast into the crockpot / slower cooker. Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the barbeque sauce. Pour the bbq sauce over the roast. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10-11 hours. It will be super flavorful, moist, and tender!
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 box couscous I prefer to use roasted garlic & olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced optional for a little kick that goes great with the BBQ
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 1 1/2 cup water, 2 TAB extra virgin Olive Oil, seasoning packet, chopped pepper, and corn to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. 5 minutes later fluff with a fork and serve.