This BBQ Roast is my families new favorite roast recipe. The Crockpot does all the work, the meat comes out so tender it just falls apart, and the flavorful subtle BBQ flavor are a perfect match for the roast. Try it once and I know this will become one of your favorite Crockpot Recipes too!
Mix the Roast Rub
In a small bowl mix together the following:
- 1 teas Chili Powder
- 1 teas Parsley
- 1/2 teas Cumin powder
- 1/2 teas Salt
- 1/2 teas Black Pepper
- 1/2 teas Cayenne Pepper
Rub the seasoning into a 2+ pound beef chuck roast on both sides. This is going to really add some amazing flavor! Now put it in your Crockpot. (If you need a suggestions for a fantastic Crockpot – here is the one we have and love.)
Top with homemade mild BBQ Sauce
In a small mixing bowl mix together the following:
- 16 oz can Diced tomatoes (we used with garlic & oregano)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TAB vinegar
- 2 TAB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TAB corn starch
- 1/2 teas ground mustard
- 1/2 teas garlic powder
Pour the mild BBQ sauce over the top of your roast.
Let your Crockpot do the Work
Now let your Crockpot do all the work while you go about your busy day. It will need about 5 hours on high or 10-11 hours on low. It will not only smell amazing cooking, but will be the most succulent, flavorful roast you’ve ever tasted!
Confetti Couscous Side
You can sever your Super Tender BBQ Roast with mashed potatoes, rice, buttered potatoes, or anything else that moves you. Personally, I love serving it with Confetti Couscous – YUM! Not only does it go great with the roast, but it is ready in only 5 minutes.
You need 1/2 red pepper finely chopped, 1 cup (thawed or canned) corn, and a box Cous Cous (I prefer to use Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil)
Note: If you like a little kick, add 1/2 jalapeno pepper for even more color and flavor!
Bring 1 1/2 cup water, 2 TAB extra virgin Olive Oil, seasoning packet, chopped pepper, and corn to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. 5 minutes later fluff with a fork and serve.
Serve Best Ever Crockpot Roast
I like to serve the best ever Crockpot roast on top of a bead of the confetti couscous. Garnish with basil if you like. This is so delicious!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Crock Post or Pressure Cooker
- 2 pounds chuck roast, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 oz diced tomatoes can I use the one with garlic and oregano
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Mix the chili powder, parsley, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne together in a small bowl. Rub into the thawed, patted dry roast. Put the roast into the crockpot / slower cooker. Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the barbeque sauce. Pour the bbq sauce over the roast. Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10-11 hours. It will be super flavorful, moist, and tender!
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 box couscous I prefer to use roasted garlic & olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced optional for a little kick that goes great with the BBQ
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 1 1/2 cup water, 2 TAB extra virgin Olive Oil, seasoning packet, chopped pepper, and corn to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. 5 minutes later fluff with a fork and serve.
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here