Jello salad recipes were all the rage at one point. While not a suppertime staple anymore, certain recipes have become family favorites in our house. This pistachio fluff salad is pretty, creamy, and easy to whip up! We like to eat this yummy green fluff as Christmas Salad Recipes because of how pretty and festive it plates up in red and green! Whether you’ve heard this called pineapple pistachio fluff or an easy watergate salad – this is truly a delicious and beautiful salad to serve around the holidays!
Pistachio Fluff Salad
My kids always get so excited for this pretty pistachio fluff! It is almost creamy and all whipped up pineapple, pistachios, and in a green fluff salad. My mother-in-law calles it pistachio watergate salad, my kids call it their favorite Christmas green salad. Whatever you call it, this jello salad recipe is so pretty AND tasty! We have this pistachio fluff fruit salad at Christmas and sometimes again for Easter, but using pretty multi-colored mini marshmallows to make it extra colorful and festive. You can make this jello watergate salad with natural ingredients from Whole Foods (or similar) or inexpensively with more classic ingredients – the choice is yours!
This recipe couldn’t be easier, just grab your ingredients and you are ready to throw this salad together!
- JELL-O Instant Pistachio pudding mix
- crushed pineapple
- 16 ounce Cool Whip or Tru Whip
- mini marshmallows
- maraschino cherries (optional for garnish)
In a large bowl combine both boxes of pistachio pudding mix with crushed pineapple in juices.
Christmas green salad
Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until the pudding mix is blended with pineapple liquids.
Green Fluff Salad
Now, add in 16 ounces whipped topping like cool whip or tru whip and 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows until well combined.
Pistachio Watergate Salad
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or overnight.
Easy Watergate Salad
Serve with maraschino cherries as a garnish. Or, if desired, add cherries to fluff right before serving.
Jello Watergate Salad
The pistahio pudding adds a nice depth of flavor and turns the salad a light green for a festive look too.
Pistachio Fluff Fruit Salad
The marshmallows feel like they almost melt into the other ingredients for a really fluffy, creamy texture.
Pineapple Pistachio Fluff
Serve this in a large bowl or individual bowls for a pretty presentation and portion control for kids who go nuts over this yummy jello salad!
Green Fluff Recipe
This quick and easy Christmas salad recipe is a favorite at our house, I hope your family enjoys it too!
Christmas salad recipes
Whip up a festive red and green fluff salad this December! Easy watergate salad is classic Jello salad recipes with pineapple & pistachios!
Jello salad recipes
Here are some other jello recipes our family enjoys!
Green Pistachio Fluff Jello Watergate Salad Recipe
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes JELL-O Instant Pistachio pudding mix
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 16 ounces Cool Whip or Tru Whip
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- marashino cherries optional garnish
- In a large bowl combine both boxes of pistachio pudding mix with crushed pineapple in juices. Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until the pudding mix is blended with pineapple liquids. Now, add in 16 ounces whipped topping like cool whip or tru whip and 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve with maraschino cherries as a garnish for a pretty color pop.