This pretty pale green seafoam salad is created with a combination of lime Jell-O, cream cheese, whipped cream, and canned pears. Serve this jello salad along with your main dish for a pretty pop of color and a fun way to serve a pears! Kids and adults of all ages will love this sea foam salad recipe!
Back in the 1960s Jello Salads were all the rage; they were served with most meals. While they are no longer a kitchen staple, this retro side dish still makes an appearance at meals where it delights a whole new audience. My mom never made them, but after I got married, my mother-in-law introduced me to range of salads made with Jello. Mostly it was as simple as adding pineapple to raspberry gelatin in her kitchen. But for me, it opened my eyes to a whole new type of yummy side dish. Over time I experimented with options and tried many classic recipes like pistachio fluff salad and strwaberry pretzel salad and made my own tweaks and combinations. This seafoad salad is a light and fluffy recipe that uses lime jello with pears recipe for a delightful, refreshing, and flavorful combination. I hope you like it as much as my kids do!
All you need are a few ingredients to whip up this tasty jell-o salad:
- canned pears (reserve juice)
- lime Jello
- heavy cream, whipped
- cream cheese
Sea Foam Salad
Drain the juice from a 16-20 ounce can of pears and reserve. You should have 1 cup of pear juice. If you don’t have enough, add water until it reaches the 1 cup line, if you have too much just toss the extra. Now heat the juice to boiling – in a saucepan over the stovetop or in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes.
When boiling, pour the pear juice over 3 ounces of green lime jello and stir until dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool.
Lime Pear Jello Salad
Mix cooled lime gelatin and pear juice mixture with 2 tablespoons cream and 6 ounces cream cheese until smooth. Add jello mixture and beat until blended.
Chill in the bowl until partially thickened, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile whip the 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Then fold in the cream and well drained, semi-mashed pears into chilled lime jello mixture.
Seafoam Salad Recipe
Pour the green jello mixture into a mold and chill until fully set and firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
Lime jello recipes
To serve, dip the mold in warm water for approximately 5 seconds.Now invert onto a serving plate and the jello ring will slide right out.
HINT: If it doesn’t, put the mold back in warm water for another 5 seconds and repeat.
Green jello salad
This jello salad recipe is perfect for accompanying a wide range of dishes as it has a nice light flavor. It goes great with summer barbecue dishes!
Lime Jello with Pears Recipe
Use a serving utencil to cut a slice and serve to guests. It has pretty marbling effect and sits up pretty and fluffy on a plate.
Lime Jello Salad
Some versions of this Seafoam Jello Salad use cottage cheese, pineapple, or even mayonaise. But my family prefers it with less texture in it. This way it is creamier plus less tart than the cottage cheese or mayo versions.
Seafoam Jello Salad
I love that Jello salads are like jello jigglers or squares we grew up with, but grown up. This doesn’t even resemble Jell-o, but a creamy, flavorful dessert.
Lime Gelatin Salad
Your entire family will love this picture perfect side dish to brighten your table, and satisfy a slightly sweet note with your meal!
You will need to refrigerate any leftovers, although we never have any!
Seafoam Salad with Pears
This pretty pale green seafoam salad recipe is created with a combination of lime Jell-O, cream cheese, whipped cream, and canned pears.
Favorite Sidedish Recipes
- Pretty Green Seafoam Salad
- Yummy Cranberry Pineapple Relish
- Snicker Apple Salad with Vanilla Pudding- Family favorite Thanksgiving Sides
- Best French’s Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe easy with streusal topping with marshmallows
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with bacon and cashews
- Delicious Southern Corn Bread Pudding Recipe
- Family favorite Bacon, Chestnut, and Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Pistachio Green Fluff Salad
- Mom’s Loaded Potato Salad Recipe
- Pretty and Sweet Beet Side Dish
- Yummy Pear Beet Goat Cheese Salad
Recipes EVERYONE Asks For
- Grandma’s Homemade Crescent Rolls, Maple Orange Glazed Christmas Ham Recipe
- Yummy Peanut Butter Bars nutella chocolate cupcakes, or caramel popcorn topped homemade cupcakes
- Easy Black Bean Soup, Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheel Cookies, and Grandpa’s Favorite Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Apple Hand Pie Dough Recipe with Carmel Dipm Must try Sweet Chili Recipe, and delicious spanish rice
- Peach Ice Cream Recipe, favorite Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip, better than Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- Pepperoni Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch, fresh Lemon Blueberry Dessert Recipes, and My Favorite Oriental Coleslaw
- Easy Pumpkin Fall Dessert Recipes, Homemade Carmel Baked Popcorn, Apple and Sausage Early Fall Soup
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies or Holiday Shake Eggnog Recipe
- Seriously the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe, just like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, or PB and Jelly cupcakes
- Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad or Kid favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Easy
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Easy with streusal and golden marshmallows on top
- Out-of-this-World Lemonade Cake and Broccoli and Cauliflower Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
- Mom’s Loaded Potato Salad Recipe, Impress with this Summer Strawberry Dessert
- Delicious Pineapple Pico de Gallo Chip Salsa or Yummy Pear Beat Goat Cheese Salad
- Our Families GO-TO Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes, Light and Satisfying Ham Pasta Recipes
- See all of our best dessert recipes here
Pretty Seafoam Jello Salad Recipe with Pears
- 16-20 ounces canned pears reserve the juice
- 2 Tablespoon cream
- 3-4 ounce Lime Jell-o
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 6 ounxes cream cheese
- Drain the juice from the canned pears; add water if needed so you have 1 cup. Heat 1 cup pear juice to a boiling over the stovetop or in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot juice over lime jello and stir until dissolved. All the mixture to cool.
- Mix cream cheese & 2 tablespoons cream until smooth. Add cooled jello mixture and beat until blended. Chill until partially thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Whip 1 cup heavy cream. Now add well drained, semi-mashed pears and whipped cream to chilled jello mixture. Pour into a gelatin mold and chill until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- To serve, set mold in warm water for about 5 minutes. Invert on serving dish and remove mold. Refrigerate any leftovers, although we never have any!