If you are looking for a delicious and fun breakfast idea for December, you will love these easy gingrbread waffles! This gingerbread waffle recipe is one of my kids favorite advent activities. I make these yummy waffles and then they get to decorate them with fruit, whip cream, chocolate chips, and other fun add-ons. Use this gingerbread recipe for a creative Christmas breakfast ideas the whole family will love!
Nothing says Christmas like the smell of gingerbread! But who needs more cookies in December? Instead we make these pretty healthy gingerbread waffles with healthy pumpkin, molasses, and just a little brown sugar and butter. My kids go nuts over this gingerbread waffle recipe that we make into gingerbread looking waffles they can decorate with candy or fruit for a fun christmas activity too! You will love this yummy Christmas breakfast recipes!
Gingerbread Waffle Recipe
All you need are a couple of common household items tomake this December breakfast dish!
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- large eggs
- brown sugar
- canned pumpkin puree
- Optional Toppings: maple syrup, whipping cream, powdered sugar, fruit, chocoalte syrup
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients: 3 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoonsalt.
Christmas breakfast recipes
In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients by beating the 4 large eggs and 2/3 cup packed brown sugar until fluffy. Now carefully beat in the 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup molasses and 1 stick of melted butter.
Stir the wet ingredients intothe dry ones until just moist. Do not overstir the waffle batter.
Laddle waffle batter into irons and bake according to manufactures directions.
These gingerbread waffles will start filling your house with the wonderful smell of Christmas! You just may have some helpers to set the table with they smell what is coming!
Serve hot waffles with choice of toppings.
Christmas Breakfast Ideas
These are so satisfying with the perfect combination of flavor. Plus they don’t have a lot of sugar so you won’t crash mid-morning!
You can serve them with fruit, in the gingerbread mold, or my favorite way – with warm maple syrup with compliments the pumpkin and gingerbread spices perfectly!
Looking for a yummy, fun breakfast idea for December? You will love these EASY gingrbread waffles recipe! Fun Christmas activities!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- The BEST Monkey Bread Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Yummy Gingerbread Waffles
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Outrageously good Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
- Apple Cider Dinner Recipes Cider Stew over Mashed potatoes
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Pulled Pork Cornbread Casserole
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- White Chocolate Macademia Cookies Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Cute Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe with Hershey Kiss
- Stunning Christmas Checkerboard Cookies
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Peanut Brittle
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn or Microwave Carmel Popcorn Recipe
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
Gingerbread Waffles Recipe
- waffle iron
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I use organic whole milk)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients by beating the eggs and brown sugar until fluffy. Now carefully beat in the pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients intothe dry ones until just moist. Do not overstir the waffle batter.
- Laddle waffle batter into irons and bake according to manufactures directions. Serve hot waffles with choice of toppings.