This is the perfect Christmas cookie recipe. My kids call these EASY Christmas Cookies the Red and Green Christmas Cookies because they are so pretty and festive while at the same time being delicious and seriously quick to make. These beauties only take 5 minutes to make – and your kids can help you with almost every step of this quick Christmas cookie recipe!
Red and Green Christmas Cookies
This Christmas Cookie Recipe is a favorite in our house! They are so pretty, delicious, and easy to make. You can make these red and green Christmas cookies recipe in just 5 minutes. They will be the hit of the holiday season because they are yummy and pretty too! Your family will quickly become a fan of the perfect Christmas Cookie Recipe. The wonderfully satisfying salty, peppermint and chocolate flavor combines with how quick and easy these are to make. They are a winner for sure!
Green Christmas cookies
All you need to make these pretty & delicious 5 minute Christmas Cookies is are three simple ingredients. Seriously! You are going to LOVE these 3 ingredient cookies!
- Pretzels (like these square ones)
- Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Chocolates
- Holiday M&M (we used plain milk chocolate)
Easy Christmas Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
On a parchment lined baking sheet have your kids help you put one Candy Cane Kiss on each pretzel. They can be pretty close to each other as they don’t really “spread”.
Put them in the oven for 3 minutes. (they should be a slightly squishy circle on top of the pretzels)
Red and green cookies
Pull out the pretzels place them on a hot pad. If your children are old enough to help you without burning themselves on the hot cookie sheet, have them help you put one M&M (M side down) on each pretzel. You want to gently press them down in the center.
Easy Christmas cookies for kids
Let the chocolate re-harden before eating, storing, or making into gift bags (we do lots of these!). These are the perfect red and green christmas food ideas.
Note: To speed up the hardening process, you can just pop the cookie sheet into the fridge (or cold garage) for a couple minutes.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
EASY Red and Green Christmas Cookies
- 1 bag square pretzels
- 1 bag peppermint Hershey kisses (red & white stripe)
- 1 bag red and green M&M
- Put pretzels on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped peppermint kiss.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 350 F or until chocolate just barely starts to melt.
- Add one M & M to the top of each kiss - press down carefully. Allow to cool / harden 5-10 minutes.