This is the perfect Christmas cookie recipe. My kids call these EASY Christmas Cookies the Red and Green Christmas Cookies because they are so pretty and festive while at the same time being delicious and seriously quick to make. These beauties only take 5 minutes to make – and your kids can help you with almost every step of this quick Christmas cookie recipe!
Red and Green Christmas Cookies
This Christmas Cookie Recipe is a favorite in our house! They are so pretty, delicious, and easy to make. You can make these red and green Christmas cookies recipe in just 5 minutes. They will be the hit of the holiday season because they are yummy and pretty too! Your family will quickly become a fan of the perfect Christmas Cookie Recipe. The wonderfully satisfying salty, peppermint and chocolate flavor combines with how quick and easy these are to make. They are a winner for sure!
Green Christmas cookies
All you need to make these pretty & delicious 5 minute Christmas Cookies is are three simple ingredients. Seriously! You are going to LOVE these 3 ingredient cookies!
- Pretzels (like these square ones)
- Hershey’s Kisses Candy Cane Chocolates
- Holiday M&M (we used plain milk chocolate)
Easy Christmas Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
On a parchment lined baking sheet have your kids help you put one Candy Cane Kiss on each pretzel. They can be pretty close to each other as they don’t really “spread”.
Put them in the oven for 3 minutes. (they should be a slightly squishy circle on top of the pretzels)
Red and green cookies
Pull out the pretzels place them on a hot pad. If your children are old enough to help you without burning themselves on the hot cookie sheet, have them help you put one M&M (M side down) on each pretzel. You want to gently press them down in the center.
Easy Christmas cookies for kids
Let the chocolate re-harden before eating, storing, or making into gift bags (we do lots of these!). These are the perfect red and green christmas food ideas.
Note: To speed up the hardening process, you can just pop the cookie sheet into the fridge (or cold garage) for a couple minutes.
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
EASY Red and Green Christmas Cookies
- 1 bag square pretzels
- 1 bag peppermint Hershey kisses (red & white stripe)
- 1 bag red and green M&M
- Put pretzels on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped peppermint kiss.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 350 F or until chocolate just barely starts to melt.
- Add one M & M to the top of each kiss - press down carefully. Allow to cool / harden 5-10 minutes.