If you are looking for a simple dinner recipe, you will love this flavorful orange couscous chicken! This chicken couscous is quick and easy to make, but bursting with flavor. The orange zest chicken is moist and delicious sitting on top a bed of orange cous couse! Yum!
Orange Couscous Chicken
No matter how well I plan for dinner, it always seems to sneak up on me! Perhaps it is because I am a busy mother of six, LOL! But after our busy days we need a quik and easy dinner before chaeffuring our kids to their evening activities like dance and Awana. This orange couscous chicken is perfect! Not only does it make super juicy, flavorful orange chicken, but the satisfying and filling couscouse is also seasoned with a fresh citrus flavor to really pack a punch! This couscous and chicken recipes eash and perfect for any quick dinner. Your family is going to love it!
All you need to whip up this quick chicken recipe for dinner are a few simple ingredients:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken granules
- 1 cup cous cous plain
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 can mandarin oranges
Chicken and couscous
Now this is a great way to reuse leftover chicken. Our family smokes the 3lb packages of chicken breast we get from Costco at a time and then uses it in different entrees throughout the next couple days. If you aren’t starting with leftovers, you will just need to cook your chicken whatever way you prefer – grilling, smoking, or boiling. If you opt to boil the chicken you can boil it in additional orange juice for added flavor and locking in juices to make a very moist chicken. Make sure you cook your chicken until it reaches 165 F internal temp.
Couscous and chicken recipes easy
In a pot heat the orange juice and granules to a boil.
Stir in couscous then immediately cover and remove from heat. Let the couscous stand for 5 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the cous cous with a fork.
Orange zest chicken
I like to plate this individually to make sure everyone gets a little bit of everything. Put an equal amount of orange couscous on each plate. Not place your cooked chicken breast on the top in the center. Now add mandarin oranges and parsley to finish off and garnish your yummy chicken dinner!
Leftover Chicken Ideas
I like to serve our chicken and couscous with green beans or a side salad to round out the meal.
If you’ve never had couscous before it is actually a pasta. A small, rice size pasta; you are going to love it!
Each satisfying bite has yummy orange flavor!
Leftover Chicken Recipe
Looking for a quick and yummy dinner idea? You will love this orange couscous chicken recipe! It is quick, easy, and bursting with flavor!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Best Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
Orange Couscous Chicken
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken granules
- 1 cup couscous plain
- 1 lb chicken breasts cooked
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken that was grilled or smoked ahead. If you don't have pre-cooked chicken, no worries. Simply cook your chicken by grilling, smoking, or boiling. If you want to boil the chicken I suggest doing so in additional orange juice for added flavor. Make sure your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- In saucepan, heat the orange juice and granules to a boi. Stir in the couscous then immediately cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff with pasta with a fork.
- I like to plate this individually by putting equal portions of couscous on four plates. Top each pile of cous cous with a cooked chicken breast. Top with mandarin oranges and garnish with parsley. Serve with green beans or a side salad.