Super cute kids spring snack that is easy to make and fun to eat.
Bird Nest Treats
Whether you make them for Easter, Spring, or as part of a bird week, Bird Nest Treats are a super simple, fun treat.
- In a large pot over low heat melt 4 TAB butter (you don’t want to burn the butter!).
- Add 4 cups mini marshmallow (or 40 large) to butter over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- As soon as it is melted turn the heat off & add 7 cups Crispie cereal (if you want to make darker brown or green nests, add the food coloring BEFORE you add the cereal)
- Scope treat into muffin tins (no need to spray). Use spoon or fingers to push down the center and push up the sides to create a nest.
- While treats “set” put coconut & a little green food coloring in a plastic bag & mix.
On a plate put a nest, coconut grass, and several robin eggs (or jelly bean). Enjoy! (Make sure to cover any leftover nests so they don’t become hard)
This is a favorite treat in our house!