I am constantly tweaking recipes to make it not just good, but great!
Now I know the idea of hot sauce in brownies sounds a little off…… but trust me when I tell you that adding Habanero in this recipe makes amazingly moist, flavorful brownies!
Blueberry & Hot Sauce Brownie Recipe
This recipe is tweaked from our favorite brownie recipe. Seeing as though we are in blueberry season I added some super healthy, antioxidant rich blueberries and my secret ingredient – hot sauce to give our favorite recipe a bold summer makeover!
Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9×13 pan.
Mix 4 eggs in a bowl.
Add 2 cups of sugar.
Next mix in 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 teas baking powder, 1/2 teas salt, and 1 teas vanilla.
Add 1 1/2 cup flour and 1 cup melted butter [I used Target brand organic salted].
Now add in a small container (6oz) of blueberries.
Not to give it some rich boldness, add in 1 1/2 teas El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce. [I know it sounds odd, but it won’t make it spicy, just give it a rich, full flavor to your chocolate!]
If you want to make it extra chocolaty feel free to add in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips [any kind]. I think dark chocolate are extra good with the blueberries.
Spread brownie batter in your prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. Your family will love the rich boldness the secret ingredient adds to these brownies! For your leftover hot sauce, check out El Yucateco hot sauce recipes.
Habanero Brownie Recipe
By Beth Gorden
Published: August 2, 2014
The secret ingredient in these rich, flavorful brownies is the hot sauce. But don’t worry, the heat doesn’t come through!
Prep time: 7 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 40 min
Yield: 30 servings
Serving size: 1 medium square
2 cups sugar
2/3 unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1 teas vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup butter (melted)
6 oz blueberries (washed and dried)
1 1/2 teas El Yucateco Green Hot Sauce
3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Spread brownies in a greased 9×13 pan.
4. Bake brownies for 30 minutes.
5. Allow brownies to cool thoroughly before cutting. YUM!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast