If you are looking for a quick and delicious breakfast casserole, you will love this cheesy hashbrown casserole! This hashbrown breakfast casserole combines a lot of yummy flavors for an easy breakfast treat! This recipe is even better than cracker barrel hashbrown casserole recipe or pioneer woman version!
Jump to Recipe
Looking for the best hashbrown casserole recipe, you will love these cheesy hashbrown potatoes that are so creamy, flavorful, and decadent! Serve them with eggs, ham or bacon, and a bowl of fruit for the perfect holiday breakfast, brunch, weekend meal, or potluck favorite! This version is so much better than the hashbrown casserole cracker barrel serves; and this version doesn’t have artificial ingredients like MSG! Your family is going to love this!
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
All you need to whip up this quick and easy, throw-together breakfast casserole are a few simple ingredients:
- frozen shredded hash browns
- sour cream
- cream of chicken soup
- can green chilies 1
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- minced onion flakes
- cheddar cheese
- potato chips
- Optional breakfast meats: ham or bacon
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 F. Make sure yous tart with thawed hash browns, or alternatively you can shredd 4 cups of potatoes.
In a bowl or straight in the 9×13 pan like I do to save dishes, combine 30 ounces of hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon minced onion, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
Cheesy hashbrown potatoes
In separate bowl combine 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cup sour cream, can of cream of chicken soup, drained 4 ounce can of green chilies, and 1/2 cup milk. Add cooked breakfast meet like 1 cup of chopped ham or crumbled bacon if you wish. Mix well.
Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Combine hashbrowns and cheese mixture together and spread into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle the top with crushed chips.
HINT: You can use flat, classic chips, ridges, or even flavored like jalapeno or bbq chips to give your dish an extra pop!
Cheesy hash browns
Bake for 45-60 minutes.
HINT: You can make this dish ahead for company or potlucks. Just don’t don’t top with chips, but rather cover and store in the fridge until ready to cook. Bring pan to room temperature before toping with chips and baking as usual. I love convenience!
Hashbrown casserole cracker barrel
This breakfast casseroel has such a creamy, rich flavor that is complimented by the crunch of the salty chips! Yummy!
Cracker barrel hashbrown casserole recipe
I made this recipe because I could no longer eat my favorite Cracker barrel hashbrown casserole. I started getting migraines from the MSG they use in everything! They sprinkle it freely like salt. So I knew I had to come up with something at least as good, but instead I came up with something my family loves even more that cracker barrels breakfast!
Pioneer woman hashbrown breakfast casserole
Seriously, this dish is super satisfying and has such a wonderful mix of flavors it is comfort food at it’s best!
Easy Hashbrown Casserole
If you use meat you can serve it as a complete breakfast along with a bowl of fresh fruit! Or take it along with you to a potluck and watch it be the first dish that is empty!
Best hashbrown casserole recipe
Quick & yummy breakfast casserole combining creamy cheese with yummy topping for the best recipe, better than cracker barrel version!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- The BEST Monkey Bread Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Yummy Gingerbread Waffles
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Outrageously good Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 30 ounces frozen shredded hash browns thawed
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream I use daisy
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk I use whole organice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups potato chips crushed
- 1 cup chopped breakfast meat: bacon, ham optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine thawed hash browns, melted butter, salt, pepper, and garlic in a 9 x 13 pan. In separate bowl combine cheese, sour cream, soup, chilies, milk, onion, and breakfast meet if you like. Pour cheesy mixture over potatoe mixture and toss well to combine. Sprinkle cheesy potato mixture with crushed chips.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Serve warm.