One of my kids favorite winter treats is my homemade white hot chocolate. This quick and easy-to-make beverage is such a creamy hot chocolate with a touch of cinnamon. It is perfect for cold, winter days to make homemade hot chocolate with chocolate chips.
Homemade White Hot Chocolate
I love warming up to a cup of hot cocoa in the winter! But we’ve moved away from the store bought mixes that are filled with artifiical ingredients, chemicals, and preservatives. Instead we whip up a batch of this simple homemade white hot chocolate recipe. This is so easy to make with convenient chocolate chips! You will love that this creamy hot chocolate is all grown up with white cocoa and a touch of cinnamon.
How to make white hot chocolate from scratch
All you need to whip up a batc of this homemade hot chocolate recipe are a few simple ingredients:
- white chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Optional garnishes: white chocolate chips, white chocolate shavings, marshmallows, whipped cream, candy canes
Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
Place the 4 cups of milk, 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt (optional) in a medium saucepan. (This pan is my favorite because it is non-stick, easy-to-clean, and heats quicker and more evenly!)
Whisk continuously over medium heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not boil!
Creamy hot chocolate
Ladle into 4 mugs and sprinkle with cinnamon, mini-marshmallows, whipe cream, sprinkles, or any other favorite toppings.
HINT: To make it peppermint hot cocoa for a holiday treat, add in candy cane chips or a little bit of peppermint extract instead of the vanilla extract! Such a fun treat!
Homemade Hot Chocolate
I love that this recipe is so easy to scale! Just divide by four if you want to get a serving perfect for one. So make a quick cup, grab a good book, and snuggle up on the sofa or by a cozy window somewhere!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
I love that this recipe is white, like the winter snow. My kids use to call it their snow cocoa when they were little. Now they appreciate the cinnamon and how much more creamy white chocolate is!
Homemade Hot Chocolate with Chocolate Chips
You have to try this creamy, homemade white hot chocolate. This EASY, made from scratch drink uses chocolate chips.
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- White Chocolate Macademia Cookies Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Cute Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe with Hershey Kiss
- Stunning Christmas Checkerboard Cookies
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Peanut Brittle
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn or Microwave Carmel Popcorn Recipe
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 4 cups milk I use whole organic
- 1 cup white chocolate chips I use Ghiradelli
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Garnishes: whip cream, mini marshmallows, candy canes, sprinkles, etc.
- Place the 4 cups of milk, 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt (optional) in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk continuously over medium heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not boil!
- Ladle into 4 mugs and sprinkle with cinnamon, mini-marshmallows, whipe cream, sprinkles, or any other favorite toppings.