Yummy appetizers are one of my favorite dinner alternatives and things to serve for holidays and game nights. But finding a variety of sweet, savory, filling, and unique can be challenging. This bacon and water chestnut appetizer is a staple for our parties because it is so delicious and an easy finger food recipes that fills out our menu. So if you are looking for fun appetizers to serve at your next party – you need to try these wter chestnut appetize bacon wrapped!
Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
You will love this satisfying, sweet and savory bacon and water chestnut appetizer! This is truly one of the great appetizers we serve over and over again because it is easy to make and so tasty too! Plus it only requires a couple simple ingredients to make this satisfying appetizer. We always serve it on New Year’s Eve and make it for company, game nights throught the year, and more! Ready to try this water chestnuts and bacon appetizer recipes?
Water chestnut appetizer bacon wrapped
Start out by grabbing your ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 lb bacon cut in half
- 1 can water chestnuts, whole
Water chestnut appetizers
In pan slightly cook 1/2 slice of bacon. You want it to still be “bendable”, but mostly cooked.
Water chestnut bacon appetizer
Remove the bacon from the pan. As soon as you can touch the bacon, wrap a water chestnut in a piece of bacon and secure with toothpick.
Chestnuts and bacon appetizers
Put the bacon wrapped chestnuts in a square pan.
water chestnuts and bacon appetizer recipes
Next, in a small bowl mix sugar and chili sauce to make a simple glaze. Pour the chili sauce over the chestnuts.
Bake the glazed water chestnuts for 30 minutes at 400 F, re-basting half way through.
finger food recipes
Pull the bacon wrapped appetizers out of the pan and put on a plate.
Eeryone is going to want to take a bite out of these sweet and sour appetizers!
Serve warm for a super yummy appetizer that appeals to everyone!
This sweet and savory appetizer is such a great finger food! Whip up this yummy bacon and water chestnut appetizer!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
Bacon and Water Chestnuts Appetizer
- 1 can water chestnuts whole
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bottle chili sauce
- 1 lb bacon cut in half
- In a skillet slightly cook the 1/2 slices of bacon. You want it to be bendable, but mostly cooked. Remove from the pan.
- As soon as you can handle the bacon, wrap a chestnut in each 1/2 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put in square pan.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and chili sauce. Pour sauce over chestnuts.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400F. Re baste the chestnuts once during the time in the oven.