Fall is the perfect time to add pumpkin themed learning to your preschool, pre k, and kindergarten classroom! Practice upper and lowercase letter tracing with this super cute fall alphabet activity. Use these pumpkin trace the letter to work on letter formation and writing skills while having fun with an educational activity for October.
We love making learning fun! These super cute alphabet strips with a fun autumn theme are perfect for helping toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners practice alphabet tracing. Simply print the pumpkin letter tracing strips, cut apart, and practice writing both uppercase and lower case alphabet letters A to Z.
Pumpkin letters printable
Free letter tracing
Print the set from the file below on cardstock and laminate. If you are not going to laminate, use plastic page protectors to make the activity reusable when using dry erase markers. Cut the cards apart, add dry erase markers and an eraser, and you’re ready!
Place all of the cards in a tray or basket.
Choose one card at a time. Working from the pumpkin to the wagon, trace each letter. Practice starting from top and pulling down or curving up and around. Forming each letter correctly while practicing encourages writing skills to continue to be correct during other writing times.
I like to use the pumpkin tracing cards in a small group. With my little learners I will have each child pick a card and identify the letter. Before using a dry erase marker, we all practice tracing the uppercase and lowercase letter on the card and in the air.
Trace the Letter Activity
After practicing, I show the group how to hold the tracing card with one hand while tracing the letters with the dry erase marker with their dominant hand. It’s never a race to finish first with tracing cards. Instead, taking the time to form the letter correctly matters more!
Erase the tracing card and pick another. Keep tracing each letter. For beginners, it may be beneficial to begin with the letter tracing cards that are in the child’s name and not all 26 cards. To add extra fine motor skills to this activity, add small buttons or beads to this activity. Add one mini button at a time to build each letter on the cards.
Download the pumpkin letter tracing cards and get this low prep activity ready!
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Download Pumpkin Letter Tracing
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.