Come take a peak at our easy, peasy Pumpkin Cloud Dough Recipe perfect for a fun, hands on fall activity for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Not only is this cloud dough recipe great for sensory exploration and strengthening hand muscles, but it is easy to clean up and tasty to eat too!
Pumpkin Cloud Dough
We love doing themed activities during the year. This fun-to-play-with pumpkin cloud dough is a super easy pumpkin activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. I’m a big fan of Sensory Play with little kids, but don’t really like wasting materials or storing lots of ingredients. So this Pumpkin Cloud Dough recipe that you can play with and then eat is perfect – no waste!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this cloud dough recipe.
Cloud Dough Recipe
This activity is super simple – my favorite kind. We picked up a Pillsbury Perfectly Pumpkin cake mix which formed a wonderful cloud dough consistency. I think any cake mix would work, but hat is the one we used. We put it in a food storage container that was big enough to play in and to later mix it up in too.
You will also want some food safe cookie cutters, spoons or shovels, and other sand type toys. Just make sure you don’t use sand toys that haven’t been completely cleaned and sanitized with something you are going to eat!
Pumpkin Cloud Dough Recipe
The pumpkin cake mix was a perfect consistency. You just squeeze it together and it would form a ball.
You can even use bowls or molds as it would keep it’s shape. It make great “sandcastles”.
Edible Cloud Dough
When the my kids were done playing with the cloud dough we added in the wet ingredients on the package directions – oil and water.
Note: I added about 1/4 cup less liquid to make up for any cloud dough that had spilled and was now on my kids faces, clothes, and floor.
We baked our cloud dough into delicious pumpkin muffins (again, following the package directions).
By the time we were finished cleaning up the table from our cloud dough, we had yummy pumpkin muffins to eat for a snack. Now that’s my kind of fall sensory fun!
Don’t miss our huge collection of 100+ Pumpkin Crafts, Activities & Ideas for an amazing October!
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Why do leaves Change Color Experiment