Estimating is something that we use all throughout our life. Whether this is estimating how much our shopping trip is going to cost, how much flour to add to a recipe or how much time it will take us to clean our room. Help kids practice estimation for Kindergarten with goldfish with this super fun, free printable math activity. This estimation activities for kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade students is always a hit because chidlren will get to use goldfish crackers to play, learn, and ultimately eat! Simply print pdf file with free printable estimate sheets and you are ready to play and learn kindergarten math.
Estimation for Kindergarten
This activity is incredibly simple, versatile and FUN! My daughter asked for this over and over and in multiple ways. Even when we had cleaned up, she asked me to print another page for her to do on her own. I love when she enjoys activities that are teaching her something!
Estimation activities for kindergarten
The first step is to print out the Estimation and Counting Recording Sheet. This is just going to help kids see the difference between the amount they estimated and the actual amount.
You’ll need a group of objects to play. We used fish crackers at first and then after we used coins. You can use anything you’d like, as long as you have quite a few of the same thing.
Estimation worksheets for kindergarten
I grabbed a handful of fish crackers and held it in my hand. I asked my daughter to guess how many crackers I was holding. The number that she said, we wrote in the estimation column on the recording sheet. Then I dumped out my hand and she counted the crackers. This is the actual number and we wrote that under the count column.
We did this a few times with the crackers.
She grabbed our coin bucket. I thought that she wanted to do how many coins were in the pile. On the contrary, she wanted to step it up even more. She grabbed a handful of coins and asked me to guess how much money she was holding. This was interesting for sure. Some we got close while others we were way off.
Estimation for kindergarten
The next round we held the coins in our hand without looking at the coins. So this estimation was solely based on weight and if we could feel the difference of coins in our hand. This was difficult with a whole handful of coins.
We both had so much fun with this activity. It was a proud moment to see my daughter so involved in an activity that she was learning from!
Looking for more fun activities with goldfish crackers? Try these free printable resources:
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Estimation for Kindergarten Activity with Gold fish
- Super cute Fish bowl, Free Goldfish Counting Printable – 1:1 correspondence activity for numbers 1-10
- Counting Goldfish Activity – roll 2 dice, count the dots and cover the goldfish from 2-12
- Goldfish Addtion for Kindergarten – free printable activity
- Fun Goldfish Math with greater than, less than, or equal to fish bowls
- One Fish Two Fish Counting Game for preschoolers with goldfish snacks
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Simple Under the Sea Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching Ganes
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Breeding Guppies – an outrageously FUN Fish Science Experiments
- Read and Dab Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets pdf
- Ocean Animal Counting and Trace Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Go Fish Game
- Color Matching Octopus Activity for kids
- Cute Hands & Feet Lobster Craft
- Shell Letter Matching Ocean Activities for Preschoolers
- Sharks for Kids Reader
- Sea Turtles for Kids Reader
- Free Printable Whale Writing Prompts
- All About Fish Printable Reader
- Ocean Counting Clip Cards
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Cute One Fish Two Fish Pdf
- Ocean Printable Multiplication Game
- Fun to play with Ocean Slime
- FREE Ocean Coloring Pages
- Cut and Paste Fish Craft
- Printable Crab Contraction Ocean Activity for Kids
- Kid favorite Goldfish Printable Counting Activity
- Goldfish Subtraction Games for Kindergarten
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Science Experiment for Kids
- Disolving Seashell Activities – a Summer Science Experiment
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Crack the Code Worksheets with ocean themed pages
- Under the Sea Lego Challenge Printables
- 50+ pages of Ocean Worksheets for practicing math and litearcy with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Sandcastle Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Sandcastle Colour Matching Activities
- Sandcastle Letter tracing Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Count and Trace Numbers 1-10 Sandcastle Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Sandcastle Number Playdough Mats to count and trace
- Summer STEAM – Sandcastle engineering with tp rolls
- Ice Cream Sandcastle Summer Snack Idea
- Sand Bucket & Shovel Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Beach Summer Experiment with a Density Tower
- Free Beach Worksheets for Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1
Don’t miss the other animal studies we’ve created!
- Discover All About Whales Worksheets pdf
- All About Pinnipeds – seals, sea lions, walrus life cycle, and more
- Learn About Herps – sea turtle worksheets, sea snakes, aquatic frogs, toads, salamander, and more!
- All About Fish, Sharks, and Rays
- Get to know Mollusks, Cephalopods, & Crustaceans for Kids (crabs, lobsters, octopus, bivalves, clams)
- All About Echinoderms and Cnidarians (Jellyfish, Sea Stars, Sand Dollars, Coral)
- Huge Ocean Animals for Kids Unit (250+ pages)
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Practice making numbers with these Do a Dot Printable Number Worksheets
- Use playdough and our free Number Mats to help children learn to make numbers through sensory exploration and play
- Trace and Erase Number Printable for practice writing numbers 1-20
- Lego Number Mats allow kids to build numbers with duplo bricks and then trace numbers 1-10
- Make counting fun with this free printable, Numbers to 20 Board Game
- Learn shape names and practice making shapes with these Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printable Book for kids to make, read, and learn!
- Ocean Color by Number worksheets are a fun way to work on number recognition
- Geoboard Activities
- Learn a variety of skills with these adorable, free printable Math Crafts!
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Practice counting with these fun Do a Dot Printables Numbers
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
Estimation activities for kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!