Estimating is something that we use all throughout our life. Whether this is estimating how much our shopping trip is going to cost, how much flour to add to a recipe or how much time it will take us to clean our room. Help kids practice estimation for Kindergarten with goldfish with this super fun, free printable math activity. This estimation activities for kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade students is always a hit because chidlren will get to use goldfish crackers to play, learn, and ultimately eat! Simply download pdf file with free printable estimate sheets and you are ready to play and learn kindergarten math.
Estimation for Kindergarten
This activity is incredibly simple, versatile and FUN! My daughter asked for this over and over and in multiple ways. Even when we had cleaned up, she asked me to print another page for her to do on her own. I love when she enjoys activities that are teaching her something!
Free printable estimate sheets
Estimation activities for kindergarten
The first step is to print out the Estimation and Counting Recording Sheet. This is just going to help kids see the difference between the amount they estimated and the actual amount.
You’ll need a group of objects to play. We used fish crackers at first and then after we used coins. You can use anything you’d like, as long as you have quite a few of the same thing.
I grabbed a handful of fish crackers and held it in my hand. I asked my daughter to guess how many crackers I was holding. The number that she said, we wrote in the estimation column on the recording sheet. Then I dumped out my hand and she counted the crackers. This is the actual number and we wrote that under the count column.
We did this a few times with the crackers.
She grabbed our coin bucket. I thought that she wanted to do how many coins were in the pile. On the contrary, she wanted to step it up even more. She grabbed a handful of coins and asked me to guess how much money she was holding. This was interesting for sure. Some we got close while others we were way off.
The next round we held the coins in our hand without looking at the coins. So this estimation was solely based on weight and if we could feel the difference of coins in our hand. This was difficult with a whole handful of coins.
We both had so much fun with this activity. It was a proud moment to see my daughter so involved in an activity that she was learning from!
Looking for more fun activities with goldfish crackers? Try these free printable resources:
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Estimation for Kindergarten Activity with Gold fish
- Super cute Fish bowl, Free Goldfish Counting Printable – 1:1 correspondence activity for numbers 1-10
- Counting Goldfish Activity – roll 2 dice, count the dots and cover the goldfish from 2-12
- Goldfish Addtion for Kindergarten – free printable activity
- Fun Goldfish Math with greater than, less than, or equal to fish bowls
- One Fish Two Fish Counting Game for preschoolers with goldfish snacks
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Practice making numbers with these Do a Dot Printable Number Worksheets
- Use playdough and our free Number Mats to help children learn to make numbers through sensory exploration and play
- Trace and Erase Number Printable for practice writing numbers 1-20
- Lego Number Mats allow kids to build numbers with duplo bricks and then trace numbers 1-10
- Make counting fun with this free printable, Numbers to 20 Board Game
- Learn shape names and practice making shapes with these Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Hungry Caterpillar Days of the Week Printable Book for kids to make, read, and learn!
- Ocean Color by Number worksheets are a fun way to work on number recognition
- Geoboard Activities
- Learn a variety of skills with these adorable, free printable Math Crafts!
Looking for more free kindergarten math printables and fun math activities for kindergartners? We’ve got lots of fun kindergarten math:
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets are a really fun way for kindergartners to work on counting and visual discriminiation skills!
- Farm Animals I Spy Printables
- Bugs I Spy Worksheets
- Summer Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable Worksheets
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Color by 100s Chart
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition
- Gingerbread Man Sequencing Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Sequencing with There was a cold lady who swallowed some snow pdf
- Count and Trace with Candy Pumpkin Printables
- Kite Skip Counting Math Craft (free printable!)
- Sandcastle Math Subtraction Craft (freebie)
- 100 Number Sense Activities and Games
Kindergarten Math Printables
- What Comes Next Math Pencil Strips
- Practice counting with these fun Do a Dot Printables Numbers
- Farm Do a Dot Printables Numbers – use bingo daubers to make numbers 1-10, count farm animals, and trace numbers too
- Dinosaur Math Worksheets for practicing a variety of math skills
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Star Wars Number Tracing
- Free Printable Writing Number Worksheets
- Teaching about currency with Money Puzzles
- Learning about Coins Money Sorting Mat
- Hot Dog Number Words Activity
- Kindergarten Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Super cute Goldfish Addition
- Count and smash Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Free Sticky Number Bonds Kindergarten Worksheets
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
- Kindergarten Summer Pool Beach Balls Count and Trace Numbers 1-20
- 70 Fun and FREE Kindergarten Math Games
- Super cute, Free Printable Coloring Calendar 2021
Estimation maths worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!