Make practicing counting, adding, and more extra fun with this hands-on fall math! This apple math helps pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders practice a variety of early learning skills such as counting, addition, and writing while having fun. This apple activity is perfect for September or first week of school activity.
This super cute apple activity for preschoolers is a great way to help early learners review a variety of skills with a fun apple math project. In this apple theme, kindergartners can practice counting apples, tracing nmbers in the salt tray, form number bonds, add apples together to find the sum, and so much more! The possibilities for uses as apple activities for kids during September are endless. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this fall learning activity!
Apple activity for preschoolers
You will need:
- Apple manipulatives(make your own like us from salt dough or use mini erasers, for example. Red bottle tops can work too!)
- Green craft foam or cardboard
- Tray and some small containers
- Writing utensil(we used a red straw)
Cut leave shapes from the craft foam/cardboard. Number your leaves. You can go up to whichever number your child is familiar with. Add them to a container and add the manipulatives to another container.
Add all the supplies mentioned above to the tray as seen in the image.
Your little ones can simply pick a numbered leaf, recognize the number, write the number in the salt and count out manipulatives accordingly.
Children that are a bit older can use this tray for making sums.
First, decide if it would be an addition sum or subtraction sum. This will depend on which skill your child need practice. When introducing sums, we typically start of with addition and then subtraction.
Then, pick two leaves. For addition sums any number can go first, but for subtraction sums the largest number must go first(a lesson on its own). Add the leaves and count out the corresponding manipulatives. Now count them all together(for addition) or take away some(for subtraction) to get to the answer. Write down the answer in the salt or find the correct leave as answer.
Apple activities for kindergarten
This is a simple way to practice writing and sums, but quite effective because it is hands-on- meaning the child experiences the mathematical side by handling the manipulatives.
Would your child like this apple tray activity?
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Leave a Reply