You’ve got to try these super cute, simple-t0-make grinch christmas cookies. These buttery, jam filled Christmas cookies recipe are not only delicious, but they are a fun grinch recipes. Try this fun cookie recipe for Christmas this December as a fun cookie to make together with your kids before watching the Grinch movie! I just love fun, themed Christmas activities for kids!
Grinch Christmas cookies
We love baking Christmas cookie recipes during December! Cookies are not only delicious to eat, but we have such fun baking together as a family! These yummy Grinch Christmas Cookies are not only super yummy, but such a fun grinch recipes for families to make in December to go along with watching your favorite version of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas!
These Grinch Christmas Cookie Recipe are not only simple to make, but we love that they don’t make enough to feed an army like some recipes do. That allows us to use moderation when it comes to cookie consumption during December!
First cream together 2 sticks of butter, 1 egg, and 2/3 cup of sugar.
Now add 1 teas vanilla and 1/4 teas cinnamon.
Grind up almonds so you get 2/3 cup (sliced, slivered, etc.). We use a mini food processor, but you could just as easily put them in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin back and fourth until they are ground up.
Note: If you don’t use nuts in your house, just add 1/2 cup extra flour to compensate.
Add 2 1/4 cup flour and mix well.
Add green food coloring to get your grinchy green color. Our family is cutting back of artificial food coloring so we used this natural food coloring, but you will get a more intense flavor if you don’t. (Picture is using the natural food coloring)
Now wrap up your dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
On floured surface, roll chilled dough until you can work it. We used a Linzer Cookie Cutter (only $5.99) to make these.
Remember: You will need to cut out as many bottoms as you do tops (the ones with the circle cut out of the center. Using the right cutter this goes really fast!
It will make about 20 “sandwich” cookies.
Put cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 250 F for 11 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies are completely cooled spread about 1 1/2 teas of strawberry jam on the bottom cookie. Then put the heart-cut-out top on.
Hint: Put jam sparingly around the edges; put most in the middle so it will cup up through the heart and not make a mess around the sides when you sandwich the cookies.
Yum! Enjoy your delicious Grinch Christmas Cookies!
Grinch Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Grinch Crafts and Grinch Activity Ideas for the holiday season? check out these projects:
- LOTS of Grinch Crafts and Activities
- Oh-so-Green Mr. Grinch Slime Recipe
- Throw a fun Grinch Themed Party with Grinch food, crafts, activities and more!
- Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Grinch Christmas Cookie Recipe
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almonds, ground
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- green food coloring
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- First cream together butter, 1 egg, and sugar.
- Now add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Grind up almonds so you get 2/3 cup (sliced, slivered, etc.). We use a mini food processor, but you could just as easily put them in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin back and fourth until they are ground up.
- Add almonds, flour, and food coloring. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours.
- On floured surface, roll chilled dough until you can work it. We used a Linzer Cookie Cutter (only $5.99) to make these.Remember: You will need to cut out as many bottoms as you do tops (the ones with the circle cut out of the center. Using the right cutter this goes really fast!
- Put cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 250 F for 11 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled spread about 1 1/2 teas of strawberry jam on the bottom cookie. Then put the heart-cut-out top on.