You’ve got to try these super cute, simple-t0-make grinch christmas cookies. These buttery, jam filled Christmas cookies recipe are not only delicious, but they are a fun grinch recipes. Try this fun cookie recipe for Christmas this December as a fun cookie to make together with your kids before watching the Grinch movie! I just love fun, themed Christmas activities for kids!
Grinch Christmas cookies
We love baking Christmas cookie recipes during December! Cookies are not only delicious to eat, but we have such fun baking together as a family! These yummy Grinch Christmas Cookies are not only super yummy, but such a fun grinch recipes for families to make in December to go along with watching your favorite version of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas!
These Grinch Christmas Cookie Recipe are not only simple to make, but we love that they don’t make enough to feed an army like some recipes do. That allows us to use moderation when it comes to cookie consumption during December!
First cream together 2 sticks of butter, 1 egg, and 2/3 cup of sugar.
Now add 1 teas vanilla and 1/4 teas cinnamon.
Grind up almonds so you get 2/3 cup (sliced, slivered, etc.). We use a mini food processor, but you could just as easily put them in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin back and fourth until they are ground up.
Note: If you don’t use nuts in your house, just add 1/2 cup extra flour to compensate.
Add 2 1/4 cup flour and mix well.
Add green food coloring to get your grinchy green color. Our family is cutting back of artificial food coloring so we used this natural food coloring, but you will get a more intense flavor if you don’t. (Picture is using the natural food coloring)
Now wrap up your dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
On floured surface, roll chilled dough until you can work it. We used a Linzer Cookie Cutter (only $5.99) to make these.
Remember: You will need to cut out as many bottoms as you do tops (the ones with the circle cut out of the center. Using the right cutter this goes really fast!
It will make about 20 “sandwich” cookies.
Put cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 250 F for 11 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Once the cookies are completely cooled spread about 1 1/2 teas of strawberry jam on the bottom cookie. Then put the heart-cut-out top on.
Hint: Put jam sparingly around the edges; put most in the middle so it will cup up through the heart and not make a mess around the sides when you sandwich the cookies.
Yum! Enjoy your delicious Grinch Christmas Cookies!
Grinch Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Grinch Crafts and Grinch Activity Ideas for the holiday season? check out these projects:
- LOTS of Grinch Crafts and Activities
- Oh-so-Green Mr. Grinch Slime Recipe
- Throw a fun Grinch Themed Party with Grinch food, crafts, activities and more!
- Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe – this amazing recipe is perfect EVER. SINGLE.TIME
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Grinch Christmas Cookie Recipe
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almonds, ground
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- green food coloring
- 1 jar strawberry jam
- First cream together butter, 1 egg, and sugar.
- Now add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Grind up almonds so you get 2/3 cup (sliced, slivered, etc.). We use a mini food processor, but you could just as easily put them in a Ziploc bag and roll a rolling pin back and fourth until they are ground up.
- Add almonds, flour, and food coloring. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours.
- On floured surface, roll chilled dough until you can work it. We used a Linzer Cookie Cutter (only $5.99) to make these.Remember: You will need to cut out as many bottoms as you do tops (the ones with the circle cut out of the center. Using the right cutter this goes really fast!
- Put cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake at 250 F for 11 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled spread about 1 1/2 teas of strawberry jam on the bottom cookie. Then put the heart-cut-out top on.