Looking for a fun way to get first grade and 2nd grade studentst practice homophones for kids? These fun earth day theme ‘tree homophone puzzles’ will have kids learning the use and meanings of common homophones. This homophone activity make it simple and fun for kids to practice matching homophones. Simply print pdf file with homophone printable and you are ready to play and learn with an engaging homophone activity
Homophones for kids
A homophone is when two or more words have the same pronunciation but different meanings and spellings such as new and knew. This homophones for kids printable activity is a fun way for grde 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students to practice identifying homophones. Plus this homophone activity features tree puzzles making it fun for any time of the year or as a fun addition to your earth day activities! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this homophone matching.
Print as many of these Earth Day Homophones Puzzles as you need for the number of students in your class! It would be a good idea to laminate these cards so you can use and re-use these as many times as you want. Students find the matching words to assemble the trees.
Earth Day Activities
- After cutting up the laminated tree cards, have the kids take one puzzle piece at a time.
- Students will read the homophone found on the card.
- They will then try to find a word with the same sound on another puzzle card in the deck.
- They will then either find the meanings of the words in a dictionary or via their laptops or write a sentence with each word in their notebooks.
- This would work well with ELL students, make sure they have access to a picture dictionary to help them identify the meanings of the words more easily.
Another way you could use these cards is to have the kids read each word and write them in their notebooks as they match the homophones right on their books. This will help them remember the words after they visually matched the puzzles.
Students are very visual, they are more likely to remember the spelling of their homophones after repeated practice of activities such as these. These words can be difficult for young learners, especially ESL learners. Activities like these puzzles will help kiddos understand the meaning and correct spelling of these unique words.
Earth Day for Kids
- Super Cute Free Printable Earth Day Hat
- Earth Day I Spy Worksheets
- 40+ Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Cute printable Recycling Game for Earth Day
- Simple Earth Day Coloring Pages
- Earth Day Sensory Bottles for Kids
- FUN Playdough Earth Layers
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Homophone Puzzles for your Earth Day Theme
- Where do I Live Printable Activity
- Happy Earth Day Craft
- Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Earth Day Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with pre-k and kindergartners
Homophones for Kids
Looking for more homophone activity ideas? Check out these free resources:
- Easter Egg Homophone Activity
- Back to School Homophone Puzzles
- Pumpkin Homophone Game
- Earth Day Homophone Activity
Second Grade Worksheets
Looking for more 2nd grade worksheets? You will love these activities:
- Crab Contractions Activity
- 2nd Grade Crossword Puzzles to work on spelling words
- Grab the 2nd grade reading list or check out read alouds for 2nd grade
- Bandaid Contraction Games
- Lots of fun, free money games for kids
- Minion Contraction Games
- Free Printable compound words worksheet and 4 other activities
- Synonyms and antonyms worksheets
- Bingo Contraction Games
- Dominoes Contraction Games
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- BINGO Digraph Game
- Hamburger Homynm Puzzles
- EPIC Library Scavenger Hunt for learning about different genres of books, book catalog, and so much more
- Dictionary Detective Worksheets and free printable cases for kids
- Pizza Book Report Templates
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Place Value Games 2nd Grade
- Super CUTE, Free Skip Counting Charts – 1s-15s
- Spring Double Digit Addition Game
- NO PREP, Telling Time Worksheets pdf
- Free Clock Mazes – Telling Time Games
- Counting Coins Games – Clip Cards
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets to play Mad Minute
Free Printable Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Plus dont’ miss these grade 2 worksheets:
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Animals and Hibernation Worksheet
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheets
- Free Printable Animal Report Template
- Cut and Paste Animal Classification Worksheet
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets or see all our life cycle worksheets
- Free Habitat Game for 2nd Grade
- Color Changing Flowers Science Experiment
- Lots of Printables and activities to learn about Countries for Kids
- We have almost 50 individual country studies for kids like this Colombia for Kids
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- FREE Printable World Map for Kids
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
United States Lesson for Kids
Many 2nd grader learn about the USA. These 2nd grade homeschool worksheets will help children learn about the great country of the United States! WE have so many resources and second grade worksheets to choose from!
- Patriotic Symbols Mini Book to read, color, and learn
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- USA for Kids printable book to read, color and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Earth Day Printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply