Practice compound words for kids 5 different ways with these FUN compound word activities. Included in this pack of compound word printables are a variety of compound words activity ideas for pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. First there are compound word picture cards with cute clipart to decipher. Then pick from one of the many handy compound words worksheet included. Simply print compound words worksheet pdf file and you are ready to play and learn with compound words exercises.
Compound words worksheet
Are you teaching your young readers how to read compound words? If so, this set of compound words activities are perfect for introducing or reviewing compound words for kids. We have compound words exercises that are hands-on with our compound words pictures clip cards AND various compound word worksheets options for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these handy compound word printables are perfect for helping young students leran to read and spell compound words. Use these compound words worksheet grade 1 as extra practice at home, litearcy centers in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Free compound word worksheets
Compound word worksheets
The first compound words activity for younger readers can begin with thecompound words picture cards clip cards. These compound word cards require no reading. Students will say the name of the cute clipart pictured on the top of each of the twelve cards, and then they will clip the correct picture at the bottom.
For instance, they will read “snow + man” and clip the snowman. If you want to make this a self-checking activity, put a small sticker on the back of the correct answer. After your child has clipped the card, they can flip it over and check to see that their clothespin or paper clip is on the sticker. If so, they’ve answered the problem correctly.
Compound words worksheets
The free compound word worksheets included in this pack are designed for readers. On these four worksheets, students will identify compound words, parts of compound words, and use compound words in sentences.
- Find it. Highlight it. – Children will read each of the ten sentences, find the compound word in each sentence, and highlight it with a yellow crayon.
- Parts of a compound word – Students will circle each part of the compound words using two different colored pencils or crayons.
- Word search – Readers will search for fifteen compound words hidden in the puzzle.
- Using compound words – Students will identify only the compound words from the word list. Then, they will choose two compound words and use them in sentences.
Compound Word Activities
For more practice learning compound words for kids, try these fun compound word ideas for early learners!
- Learning Compound Words with Block – a fun compound words activities
- Compound Word Puzzles – print the free set in color or black and white (self-checking)
- Apple Compound Words for kids Worksheets
- Clip it Free Compound Word Cards
- 5 Free Compound Word Activities – including picture cards, worksheets, puzzles, and more!
- Winter Compound Word Activities – free printable set includes compound word worksheets and snowflake puzzles
- Free printable Compound Words for Kids printable readers
- Fun-to-play and FREE Compound Word Games
- Ice Cream Puzzles for Kids – Compound Words Activity
Second Grade Worksheets
Looking for more 2nd grade worksheets? You will love these activities:
- Crab Contractions Activity
- 2nd Grade Crossword Puzzles to work on spelling words
- Grab the 2nd grade reading list or check out read alouds for 2nd grade
- Bandaid Contraction Games
- Minion Contraction Games
- Free Printable compound words worksheet and 4 other activities
- Bingo Contraction Games
- Dominoes Contraction Games
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- BINGO Digraph Game
- Hamburger Homynm Puzzles
- EPIC Library Scavenger Hunt for learning about different genres of books, book catalog, and so much more
- Dictionary Detective Worksheets and free printable cases for kids
- Pizza Book Report Templates
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Place Value Games 2nd Grade
- Super CUTE, Free Skip Counting Charts – 1s-15s
- Spring Double Digit Addition Game
- NO PREP, Telling Time Worksheets pdf
- Free Clock Mazes – Telling Time Games
- Counting Coins Games – Clip Cards
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets to play Mad Minute
Free Printable Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Plus dont’ miss these grade 2 worksheets:
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Animals and Hibernation Worksheet
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheets
- Free Printable Animal Report Template
- Cut and Paste Animal Classification Worksheet
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets or see all our life cycle worksheets
- Free Habitat Game for 2nd Grade
- Color Changing Flowers Science Experiment
- Lots of Printables and activities to learn about Countries for Kids
- We have almost 50 individual country studies for kids like this Colombia for Kids
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- FREE Printable World Map for Kids
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
United States Lesson for Kids
Many 2nd grader learn about the USA. These 2nd grade homeschool worksheets will help children learn about the great country of the United States! WE have so many resources and second grade worksheets to choose from!
- Patriotic Symbols Mini Book to read, color, and learn
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
- USA for Kids printable book to read, color and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Compound words with pictures worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.