“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.” -Isaiah 1:18
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. -Psalm 51:7
Ever since the moment Eve disobeyed God by eating of the tree, sin has left its dirty mark on the world and in the hearts of humankind. What a beautiful word picture we see written by David in Psalm 51 and from God himself in the words He spoke to Isaiah. We are washed white as snow.
The winter is the perfect time to dwell on this verse and teach it to children. A great time for this lesson would be after a fresh snowfall, when the world is sparkling white. Read these verses aloud and take in the beautiful sight, a wonderful image of our clean slate in Christ.
To further reflect on this concept, here is a fun craft for all ages.
Washed White as Snow
Isaiah 1:18 Sunday School Lesson
For this craft you will need the following items:
- Glass jars (any size or shape of recycled jar will do)
- Hot glue gun or super glue (I recommend the latter)
- Glitter (we used white, silver, and a little blue)
- Figurine (we used LEGO men)
- Printable tags (optional)
Next, have the child/children choose a figurine to place in their jar. I told them to choose a LEGO man to be a pretend them.
Once you have your figurine, you will need to glue it to the lid of the jar. We used a hot glue gun, but it didn’t like to stay adhered to the slippery surface of the jar lid very well. I would recommend using super glue instead if you have it.
Next, fill your jars all the way up with water.
Then sprinkle in some glitter. You don’t need a ton! The white glitter looked just like snow and the silver/blue added a nice sparkle.
Now put your lid on nice and tight! (If you need a little more glitter, feel free to unscrew and go back and add a bit more)
We added the printable tag to the back of the larger jar. You could glue it on the top or tie it on with a ribbon as well – or leave it off if you want!
What a fun and easy craft to help remind us that Jesus washes our sins as white as snow! A great song to sing along with the craft is “Jesus Paid It All”:
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow
Bible Crafts for Kids
- John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus
- Jesus in the Temple as a Boy
- Jesus is > John the Baptist (Sandals Craft)
- Jesus’ Baptism
- Jesus is Tempted
- 12 Disciples
- Jesus Drives out Evil Spirits into pigs
- Jesus and Nicodemus: Measuring God’s Love
- Jesus Feeds 5000
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law
- Jesus Heals a Man with Shriveled Hand
- Jesus Heals a Leper
Download Washed White as Snow – Snow Globe Bible Craft
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.