Help your kids review a variety of math skills with this fun Easter Math. This easter math challenge uses any math concept your child is currently working on for a fun review actiivty kids will love. This project includes a hands-on Easter activity for kids and easter worksheets – use whichever you prefer as it is great for working on math fluency. This easter math activities works with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders. Simply download pdf file with Easter Egg Printables and you are ready to play and learn!
I often find that when Spring comes, I’m ready for something different. Even if it’s just for a day, a break from the normal math routine is a fun and welcome change. Because I homeschool, my kids are all at different grades and abilities, so finding a math challenge that can involve each of them together can be a bit of a challenge. This Easter Math is an open-ended math activity which allows all ages to participate. All you need is the Easter basket and egg printables in color or black and white and you are ready to review math with a Easter activity for kids. This number sense activity for Easter is fun for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Easter Egg Printables
Easter math challenge
To try this Easter Math Printable, all you need are a few simple materials:
- Build a Basket printable pages (download below)
- Card stock and/or a laminator for durability (optional)
Easter Math Activity
The basic premise of this challenge is to come up with a variety of different ways to represent any given number. Students will write their number on their basket, and then write different representations on their eggs to fill the basket. (It’s similar to this version for Fall, which uses a Turkey instead)
For example, if your number is ten, you could represent it as 5+5, 20-10, tally marks, dots, 2×5, etc.
Easter Activities for Kids
The wonderful thing about this challenge is that any age can participate. Young kids can focus on smaller numbers, visual representations and addition/subtraction facts.
Older kids can really be challenged to think outside the box with their answers, or be given a large number, or be given a fraction, decimal, etc.
The possibilities are endless!
Included in this download is:
- Color printable set with a basket and 6 colorful eggs – I would suggest you laminate this set and let students write their answers with fry erase marker to use again and again. This would make a great math center activity or a fun, quiet challenge for early finishers.
- Black and White cut and paste version – print a “My Number Basket” page and set of eggs for each student. then assign a number to everyone. (You can either have everyone use the same target number and see how many unique solutions you come up with as a class, or you can assign different numbers.) To assign every student their own number, you can draw out of a hat, or use a random number generator (on a graphing calculator or at random.org). Once students have written a different representation on each egg, they can cut them out and glue them onto their basket. Then they can color and decorate their page!
Or you could print the color version for each kid and let them cut it out and glue the completed basket on construction paper. Then display everyone’s number basket around your room or staple to basket to your bulletin board to use with your “number of the day.” Then give each student an egg (you’ll need to print multiple copies) and have them each come up with their own representation of that day’s number.
Ideas for Number Representations
The possible solutions for any given number are endless, but here are some ideas to get your creative math juices flowing:
- Tally Marks
- Visual representations (groups of equal dots, ten frames, etc.)
- Addition/subtraction facts
- Multiplication/division facts
- Expanded form
- Exponential form
- Math expression using order of operations
- Fractions or decimals
Or anything else you can think of, as long as the solution is equal to your target number!
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Easter Cross Craft at Sunrise
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Word Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Easter Math Worksheets
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.