There’s the people who like and enjoy candy corn. Then there are the people who dislike or even can’t stand candy corn. I am in between. I might eat a few here and there but they are definitely not my favorite Halloween candy. That being said, I love how they look. I like decorating my home with them and using them as a theme for learning activities. The three tiered colors is P-E-R-F-E-C-T for this CVC Sight Word Mat!
Candy Corn Sight Words Activity
CVC words are typically the first words that children learn. To me it is important to make sure that children realize that learning can be fun, so I try to find games and activities that will be engaging and encourage them to learn.
One way to make sure an activity is engaging and fun is to use a theme that is relevant. Candy corn and candy is fun because it is an exciting holiday that most kids love.
There are a few ways that this Candy Corn CVC Sight Word Mat can be used. This printable activity comes with a candy corn mat as well as printable alphabet tiles.
The first thing to do after printing is cut out the alphabet tiles.
One option is to laminate the alphabet tiles and the CVC mat. This is optional, but it will most likely extend the life of the activity.
If your child is just beginning to learn CVC words, you can provide a list of words for them to copy with the CVC mat and alphabet tiles.
If you laminate the CVC mat, you can use a dry erase marker to write the CVC word you want your child to spell.
If your child has more experience, you can speak the word and ask your child to spell it.
This CVC Sight Word Mat is perfect for helping children practice sight words in an engaging way with a fun Halloween theme!
Candy Corn Activities
Looking for more candy corn activities for kids? You will love all these creative ideas!
- Free Candy Corn Words
- Candy Corn Edible Playdough
- Addition and Subtraction Candy Corn Math
- Phonics Puzzles with a fun Candy Corn Theme for Fall
- 28 Candy Corn Activities for Kids
- EPIC Candy Corn Popsicle Stick Catapults
- Candy Corn Multiplication and Division Puzzles
- Counting Candy Corn Puzzles
- Candy Corn Turkey Count and Trace
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Download Candy Corn Sight Words Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!