Help kids learn and practice dolch sight words with this fun sight word candyland. This sight word game has grade specific cards making it perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. So grab your candyland board game and our color coded cards and you are ready to work on improving fluency reading with this printable sight word games. Simply print pdf file with free sight word games and you are ready to play, learn, and READ!
Sight word game
I love making learning FUN! And this sight word game is a really fun and EASY way for kids to practice learning sight words. Sight words appear in about 70% of books kids will read and many do not follow typical phonics patterns. They just need to learn them. And learn them really well! The easiest way for kids to learn sight words is with lots of repetition. Use this free printable Candyland modification to get lots of sight word practice. This printable sight word games is fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this easy sight word activity to make learning FUN!
So work your way around the colorful path, don’t get stuck in the chocolate swamp, read those sight words, and get to the candy castle to win!
Sight word candyland
Printable sight word games
To play this fun Candyland Sight Word Game all you need is:
- the game board from Candy Land
- player pieces (we used the ones that came in the box)
- sight word cards (see set below)
The game is played like the traditional Candy Land except that kids must read the sight word on the card they draw before they can move their piece.
Sight word practice
This Candy Land Sight Word Game is one of my favorite because all my kids can all play together – using their own grade specific cards. So this can be a sight word games for kindergarten working on Primer words or a first grade sight word game with grade 1 sight words. The sight word cards are all color coded by level so it is easy to find Pre-Primer Sight Words, grade 2 sight words, or grde 3 sight words. This can be done by keeping separate piles or making one big one and just using the color code to read the ones that your child should be able to read.
Mastering Sight Words the EASY Way!
If you are looking for a structured way to ensure your child masters all the sight words by grade you must check out Reading the Easy Way!
This program is a fun, simple, and structured program that helps kids master key sight words by doing fun worksheets like color by sight words, play sight word games, use the words in the weekly readers, and more! Check out more:
- 1 Reading the Easy Way – Preschool
- 2 Reading the Easy Way – Kindergarten
- 3 Reading the Easy Way – 1st Grade
Sight Word Printables
Looking for more sight word games, activities, and worksheets to make practicing fun? Try these ideas:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
- Printable sight words Lists
- plus don’t miss all our MANY, Free Sight Word Printables
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Free Sight Word Games
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- The printable sight word cards I created are intended to be used with a traditional Candyland board, but these cards or Candyland Inspired game is in no way licensed or endorsed by the makers of Candyland.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from JW Illustrations
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!