Help kids learn and practice dolch words with this fun Candyland Sight Word Game. There are cards specifically for Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
The printable sight word cards I created are intended to be used with a traditional Candyland board, but these cards or Candyland Inspired game is in no way licensed or endorsed by the makers of Candyland.
I love making learning FUN!
Here is a really fun way for kids to practice learning sight words. You know those words that appear in about 70% of books kids will read and many do not follow typical phonics patterns. They just need to learn them. And learn them really well!
The easiest way for kids to learn sight words is with lots of repetition.
There are age specific cards for: Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids.
FREE Candyland Sight Word Game
To play this fun Candyland Sight Word Game all you need is:
- the game board from Candy Land
- player pieces (we used the ones that came in the box)
- sight word cards (see download below)
The game is played like the traditional Candy Land except that kids must read the sight word on the card they draw before they can move their piece.
One of my favorite things about this sight words game is that my kids can all play together. The sight word cards are all color coded by level. So as we play, my Preschooler only reads the Pre-Primer Sight Words, my 1st Grader reads the Pre-Primer, Primer, and 1st grade words and my 3rd grader reads all the words.
This can be done by keeping separate piles or making one big one and just using the color code to read the ones that your child should be able to read.
Mastering Sight Words the EASY Way!
If you are looking for a structured way to ensure your child masters all the sight words by grade you must check out Reading the Easy Way!
This program is a fun, simple, and structured program that helps kids master key sight words by doing fun worksheets like color by sight words, play sight word games, use the words in the weekly readers, and more! Check out more:
- 1 Reading the Easy Way – Preschool
- 2 Reading the Easy Way – Kindergarten
- 3 Reading the Easy Way – 1st Grade
Sight Word Printables
Looking for more sight word games, activities, and worksheets to make practicing fun? Try these ideas:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
- Printable sight words Lists
- plus don’t miss all our MANY, Free Sight Word Printables
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Download FREE Candyland Sight Word Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from JW Illustrations
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!