These free Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader are perfect for kindergartners that need extra practice with the sight words which!
Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader
I’m not sure what it is about the sight words that start with “w”, but they are throwing my little guy for a loop. When, what, which! I can almost hear him thinking, “hhhmmm which word should I guess today?” I want to help him, and give him a little more practice with these words…..so I created a couple of emergent readers where he can practice reading them over and over. And today is the day for the sight word which!!!
Here are sight word books for kindergarten free to help kids practice the tricky which word.
Emergent Readers for “Which”
Emergent readers require very little prep-work. Simply print off the reader in black and white or color. Then cut it in half , stack up, and staple it together.
Now you are ready to go with your free printable sight word books.
Kindergarten Sight Words
Before having a child read any book to you, it is important to introduce the book to them. This is a time, to make sure they know what each picture is, and to point out any tricky words.
Begin by talking about the kindergarten sight words like the tricky word which. Here are some of some ideas how:
- Ask them to find the sight word which on each page
- You could have them spell it to you
- Ask your child about what the word means
- Have them put the word in a sentence
- Point out that this word normally starts a sentence that is a question. You can even go as far as to show your students what a question mark is.
Pointers For “Which Color” book
This book, of course, focuses on the word “which”, but you also get to review reading color words. If your child is still struggling with reading color words, it may help them to do a quick review with these free flashcards before you get started.
Depending on the level of your child you may also want to review a few of the other sight words that are found regularly in the book.
Once all that is done, it is time to enjoy the book. As your child reads through, have them stop after each question and answer it. When they are answering you are encouraging comprehension and you are getting extra work on color recognition too.
The last page is tricky. After each question, the author is assuming the child answers correctly and says, “yes”. The last page changes to no. You can preview this in the introduction, or see if your child notices the change. This will let you see if they are now reciting the book from memory, or actually reading words!!
Pointers for Bigger or Smaller
This book focuses on the concept of which is bigger or smaller. You definitely want to make sure that your students understand this concept and can recognize these words before you allow them to read.
Once all that is reviewed, you are ready to practice the sight word which, one more time!
Enjoy working on the sight word “which” and get more sight word books for when and where here.
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Bug Sight Word Games
Download Kindergarten Sight Words Emergent Reader
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.