Help Kindergarten students learning the sight word “which” with these super cute Sight Words Emergent Readers. THese printable sight word activities are super handy for teaching sight word which. Simply pring the sight words printable in black and white or color, assemble, and its time to read and learn!
Free printable sight word books pdf
I’m not sure what it is about the sight words that start with “w”, but they are throwing my little guy for a loop. When, what, which! I can almost hear him thinking, “hhhmmm which word should I guess today?” I want to help him, and give him a little more practice with these words…..so I created a couple of emergent readers where he can practice reading them over and over. And today is the day for the sight word which!!! Here are printable sight word books for kindergarten to teach sight word which to kindergartners and grade 1 students. THis is such an easy, no prep printable sight word activity!
Sight word books for kindergarten pdf
Sight word readers free pdf
Emergent readers require very little prep-work. Simply print off the reader in black and white or color. Then cut it in half , stack up, and staple it together.
Now you are ready to go with your free printable sight word books.
Sight word printable books free
Before having a child read any book to you, it is important to introduce the book to them. This is a time, to make sure they know what each picture is, and to point out any tricky words.
Begin by talking about the kindergarten sight words like the tricky word which. Here are some of some ideas how:
- Ask them to find the sight word which on each page
- You could have them spell it to you
- Ask your child about what the word means
- Have them put the word in a sentence
- Point out that this word normally starts a sentence that is a question. You can even go as far as to show your students what a question mark is.
Sight word books pdf
This book, of course, focuses on the word “which”, but you also get to review reading color words. If your child is still struggling with reading color words, it may help them to do a quick review with these free flashcards before you get started.
Depending on the level of your child you may also want to review a few of the other sight words that are found regularly in the book.
Once all that is done, it is time to enjoy the book. As your child reads through, have them stop after each question and answer it. When they are answering you are encouraging comprehension and you are getting extra work on color recognition too.
The last page is tricky. After each question, the author is assuming the child answers correctly and says, “yes”. The last page changes to no. You can preview this in the introduction, or see if your child notices the change. This will let you see if they are now reciting the book from memory, or actually reading words!!
Free printable sight word books for kindergarten
This book focuses on the concept of which is bigger or smaller. You definitely want to make sure that your students understand this concept and can recognize these words before you allow them to read.
Once all that is reviewed, you are ready to practice the sight word which, one more time!
Enjoy working on the sight word “which” and get more sight word books for when and where here.
Sight word Activities
Free pre k sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads pre primer sight word games
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Tracing Sight Words Worksheets
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
- Little Mermaid, Ariel Color by Sight Word
Printable sight word games
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Pirate Sight Words Game
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Blackout Sight Word Game
- Free Printable Sight Word BINGO
- Battleship Sight word games
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Printable Second Grade Sight Words Games
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
Free printable kindergarten worksheets
With so worksheet for kindergarten to look through, I want to make sure you find some of our most popular printable kindergarten worksheets. So start scrolling and enjoy!
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Work on discrimination with these Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
Worksheets for kindergarten
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Measurement Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- 100s Chart Battleship Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Lots of fun, free money games for kids
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Plus don’t miss our sister site – Kindergarten Worksheets and Games . This site containes all FREE printables and is dedicated soley to Kindergartners! Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Sight word books printable
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.